8th September 2012, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Will I have to take science for Merchant Navy?

will i have to take science for merchant navy...please tell me the details

8th July 2013, 12:06 PM
Neerajtiwari779

Default Re: Will I have to take science for Merchant Navy?

~~~Eligbility for merchant nevy~~~

Training of merchent nevy in India is purely the responsibility of goverment of India. For various study of merchant nevy candidate require various qualification.
In order to enter engineering and nevigation field candidate must hold BSc in mechanical or in marine.
Candidate can also apear as a deck cadets after 12th provided he have done it with physics, chemistry and math.
8th July 2013, 08:48 PM
umeaskarthick

Thumbs up Re: Will I have to take science for Merchant Navy?

this is posted by umeaskarthick...
hello..

You can either take direct entry in merchant navy as deck cadet or if you want officer level jobs that pays well then it is essential to pursue degree in nautical science or Marine Engineering.

If possible I would recommend that after completing 12th you should go for marine engineering. The officer level jobs are the ones that made Merchant Navy so popular. Such jobs are well paid and come with wide range of perks. The choice is yours.

Eligibility

1. For officer level jobs you must pursue either marine engineering or B.Sc in Nautical Science

2. To do so, you must complete 12th from a recognized board with PCM as subjects.

3. Only unmarried candidates can apply.

4. It would be necessary to clear a medical test.

5. You will have to meet certain physical requirements which includes 6/6 vision with no color blindness.

Direct Entry

1. After completing 12th, you may apply for deck cadet job in merchant navy. If selected then you will go through 3 months long pre-sea training course which will be arranged by the recruiting company.

2. Candidates with B.Tech degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology can also apply for direct entry into merchant navy. There are wide range of officer level jobs for such candidates.

3. Th B.Tech candidates will also have to go through 9 months long Pre-sea course in Marine Engineering from MERI

Eligibility Criteria:-

The minimum eligibility criteria for this job is 12th standard..
And you should have to secure minimum 55% in 12th standard..
Candidates who had taken/studied maths,science subjects in their 12th academics are only applicable for this entrance exam..
Age should be minimum 17 years..

So, my suggestion is you better complete your 12th standard and then apply for this merchant navy post..

There is an entrance exam for this job..You have to get through in that exam..

All the best...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?