20th June 2012, 02:02 AM
chiku parmar

Will there be any reservation for Merit candidates for IAS Exam?

is there any reservation for general merit candidate in ias exam? if yes how much is it?

20th June 2012, 03:23 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be any reservation for Merit candidates for IAS Exam?

There is no separate IAS Exam for the candidates to be placed in IAS by cracking that exam.

Instead, there is a common written exam for the candidates to be placed in various civil services like
-IAS
-IPS
-IRS
-IFS etc.
which is Civil Services Examination.

The complete selection procedure that the candidate has to go through to be placed in various civil services is by
-Civil Services Aptitude Test
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

There is no reservation for the candidates for this exam on the basis of merit.

However, there is some relaxation in required age criteria for the candidates from backward categories.

Have a glance over it.

One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
Relaxation will be provided in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

You should be a graduate to take this exam.

If you are interested and fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria, then I suggest you to apply and appear for this exam to be paced in civil services.

Wish you all the best.
20th June 2012, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

sir i passed b.tech through distance
mode frm jrn rvd university ,udaipure ,after dipkoma may i eligible for (ias ies psu and psc exam) pls reply me
20th June 2012, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

What should i do with passed Tybcom with 64 percent
20th June 2012, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

i passed class 12 (CBSE) (in 2012) with 94.4% & secured around 10000 rank in AIPMT ,7000 IN cpmt WITH 2700 RANK IN GIRLS. is there any chance of cracking PMT NEXT YEAR & GETTING GOOD COLLEGE? IS THERE ANY THINGS SPECIAL I SHOULD FOLLOW TO CRACK PMT NEXT YEAK .PLZ HELP ME TO MANGE MY TIME SO I CAN REVISE MY SYLLABUS ATLEAST 4 TIME.
23rd November 2012, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

is there age relaxation of central government employee in ias exam
29th November 2012, 02:12 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

What reservation are you talking about? There is no reservation given for any candidate. If you want to become IAS officer then it is mandatory to clear the written test. This rule also applies for the reserve category candidates.

If you have scored extremely well in graduation that would not make things any easy for you. There would still be a need to clear the entrance exam which includes written exam and the personal interview.

In most government jobs where candidates are selected through entrance exam, there is no way to escape it and get the job directly. It would not make any difference if you have an excellent academic record.

IAS Eligibility

1. Only Indian nationals can apply.

2. A bachelor degree in any stream.

3. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

4. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

5. SC/ST candidates are given 5 years relaxation.

Exam Pattern

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview

Number of Attempts

1. General - 4

2. OBC - 7

3. SC/ST - There is no limit.
14th January 2013, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Can a reserved category student apply in general category.?
2nd February 2013, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

IS THERE ANY RELAXATION IN CUT OF MARK FOR ST CANDIDATE IN IAS MERIT MARKS
3rd February 2014, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation in open university...ycmou..am I eligible for upsc exams.....
2nd March 2014, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

I am an OBC candidate for appearing in above Civil service. May I get some relaxation in marks in qualifying Preliminary Examination in addition to age relaxation.
3rd March 2014, 12:12 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

First of all, you need to understand that UPSC comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. For appearing in the Civil Services, there is mainly three stage qualification process. They offer courses like i) UPSC Mains -Quality Enrichment Program (QEP), PSI/STI/Assistant exam courses. Another good coaching institute is Vision IAS Study which prepares the candidates for Civil Services Examination at all the 3 levels-Preliminary Test, Main Examination and Personality Test. For eligibility part, aspirant’s age limit should be between 19 to 40 years. Relaxation is also given for SC/ST candidates of 2 years as per the government norms. Also candidate should be Indian and must possess a graduation degree in Mathematics, statistics, Geology, natural science, civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, economics, Chemical Engineering.
21st March 2014, 10:00 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the top civil service in India.

Many of the candidates have the desire to see themselves as IAS officers but it is not so easy to achieve this goal.

One should have strong determination and dedication to achieve this.

Here is the complete selection procedure that you should crack in order to become IAS Officer.

CSAT Exam
Main Exam
Interview

As per eligibility,

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream in order to be eligible to apply for this Exam.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation can also apply for this Exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

There are no such standards like one should score minimum percentage of marks as a part of eligibility for this Exam.

One more thing that I would like to tell you is that no relaxation or reservation will be provided for Merit candidates.

The rules are common for all the candidates who have completed Graduation.

However some relaxation will be provided in age limit which is as follows.

The candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.

Candidates of OBC category should be in the age group of 21-33 years.

Candidates of SC or ST category should be in the age group of 21-35 years.

If you possess the above mentioned criteria, I suggest you to apply for this Exam.

Have strong preparation for the Written Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
5th February 2015, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

No Merit is required for Civil Service Exams, if you qualify for a reservation quota? (statistically?)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?