26th November 2016, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for CDS one if I have a backlog in fourth year of B.Tech?

Respected Sir, I have completed my 4th years of B.Tech but I am having 1 backlog which I will clear by January so I want to know can I appear for CDS 1 if I will complete my backlog before the written exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
28th November 2016, 12:05 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for CDS one if I have a backlog in fourth year of B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my 4th years of B.Tech but I am having 1 backlog which I will clear by January so I want to know can I appear for CDS 1 if I will complete my backlog before the written exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for CDS examination if you have a backlog in B.Tech course. Candidates who are studying in the final year of the degree and who are not yet pass the final year degree examination are also eligible to apply, but those candidates will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite qualifying examination by a date to be specified in the Commission’s Notice for the examination. The eligibility for Indian Military Academy/Officer’s Training Academy is a pass in graduation degree in any discipline. The candidates has to appear for the written examination first, which has the subjects like English and general knowledge. The examinations are conducted by UPSC.
28th November 2016, 08:47 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for CDS one if I have a backlog in fourth year of B.Tech?

To be eligible to appear in CDS examination, you have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. Educational Qualification :-
--> For Indian Army :- You should have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
--> For Indian Navy :- You should have completed Graduation degree in Engineering from a recognised university.
--> For Indian Air Force :- You should have completed Graduation degree from a recognised university with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

3. Age Limit :-
--> Indian Army :- 19-24 years
--> Indian Air Force :- 19-24 years
--> Indian Navy :- 19-22 years

4. You should be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.

Since, you have backlog in your fourth year B.Tech course, you are not eligible to apply for CDS examination. So, I suggest you to clear your backlog in your B.Tech course, so, that you are eligible to appear in CDS examination.
28th November 2016, 10:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have to complete the B.Tech degree according the the date which is mentioned in the CDS notification. If you are not getting the degree before the mentioned date, then you are not eligible.

Hence, just read the notification and apply accordingly. Normally, those who don't have degree in hand are not considered for selection even if they clear exam with merit. So, try to clear B.Tech backlog first.
28th November 2016, 11:14 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

As long as you have completed your graduation you are very much eligible for CDS examination, there is no such problem in it.

The minimum educational requirement for any candidate willing to opt for the above mentioned examination is that the candidate should have completed their graduation from a recognized university and their age should be in between 19-24 years.
29th November 2016, 01:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, you are not eligible for CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

Best books for CDS exam:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam
Author: Datason Rp
Publisher: New Light Publishers

Study Package for CDS 1st Edition
Author: Atul Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education

CDS Exam Guide 1st Edition
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
28th June 2019, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir if I have any backlog in 1st or 2 nd semister in B tech course, am I eligible for CDS exam in final year ?
31st October 2019, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my graduation but I have backlog in 1sem can I fill CDs form
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?