6th March 2018, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Bank PO exams being 37 years old ex-serviceman?

Hello, I am ex-serviceman in BSF completed 37 years of age. I am interested to give Bank PO exams. Can you tell me I am eligible or not for Bank PO recruitment? I am graduate B.A. General. Please confirm me about my eligibility.

10th April 2018, 12:13 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Bank PO exams being 37 years old ex-serviceman?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible with 37 years of age being an Ex-Serviceman. In order to apply for Bank Probationary Officer recruitment, you are required to meet the age criteria.

Top recruiting agencies for the post of Probationary Officer are State Bank of India and IBPS. Here is the detailed age criteria,

<> For SBI PO Recruitment:
* Minimum age required - 21 years
* Maximum age allowed - 30 papers
Age Relaxation for Ex-Serviceman - 5 years
* Maximum age for Ex-Serviceman candidates - 35 years

<> For IBPS PO Recruitment:
* Minimum age required - 20 years
* Maximum age allowed - 30 papers
Age Relaxation for Ex-Serviceman - 5 years
* Maximum age for Ex-Serviceman candidates - 35 years

As your age is 37 years, you are not eligible as far as my best knowledge is concerned. I am providing you the detailed notifications for more details,

Click here for SBI PO Notification

Click here for IBPS PO Notification
10th April 2018, 10:47 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Bank PO exams being 37 years old ex-serviceman?

The eligibility criteria for Bank Probationary officer examination:

1. Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

2. The upper age limit for general category candidates is 30 years.

Upper age relaxation of five years to Ex Serviceman candidates. You can not apply for the exam even after availing upper age relaxation.
10th April 2018, 10:52 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for Bank PO examinations being a 37 years old Ex-servicemen. The maximum age criteria required to apply for Bank PO examination is 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. For Ex-servicemen, the upper age relaxation is 5 years, that means, you are allowed to apply for Bank PO examination till the age of 35 years. So, being a 37 years old candidate, you are not eligible to apply for Bank PO examination.
10th April 2018, 11:58 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Eligibility for Bank PO exams for ex-serviceman:

Candidate must have passed graduation degree in any discipline from any recognized university. There is no minimum marks bar.

Age limit: 21 to 30 years.

Relaxation is allowed for reserved category.

As your age is 37 years then you are not eligible for this exam.
11th April 2018, 02:40 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The age criteria for Probationary officer in case of IBPS is 20-30 years and that for SBI PO is 21-30 years. There is upper age relaxation of three years for OBC, five years for SC/ST candidates and five years upper age relaxation for Ex Serviceman candidates.

If you belong to reserved category then you can apply for Bank PO examination at age of 37 years. General Ex Serviceman candidates at age of 37 years can not apply.
11th April 2018, 06:31 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in the Bank PO examination at the age of 37 years.
Candidates those who want to apply in the IBPS examination, must be in between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. There is an age relaxation of 5 years allotted for Ex-Servicemen.
13th April 2018, 12:04 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for entrance examination for recruitment as bank PO jobs through IBPS and SBI PO entrance examination.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-30 years and 20-30 years with relaxation in upper age limit of 5 years for ex-serviceman.

So, you will be not eligible to appear. For more information about examination visit at www.ibps.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?