15th June 2016, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Am I Eligible to apply for PSU recruitment through GATE 2017 without attending 6th Semester Exams?

Dear Sir, I have completed final semester of B.Tech. But due to some medical issues, I could not attend 6th Semester Exams. Am I Eligible to apply for PSU recruitment through GATE 2017 with this criteria? Please let me know.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for GATE CS 2017 after completing BE in 5 years? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Years drop will affect the recruitment in PSU through GATE 2017?
  3. What are the PSU undertaking companies offering recruitment without GATE for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 4th semester student?
  4. Recruitment exams available to join PSU for B.Com graduate?
  5. Eligibility to apply and important dates of PSU recruitment exams for B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) student?
  6. Whether I am not eligible to appear in GATE during my 6th semester to study M.E./M.Tech?
  7. Can I get job in PSU through GATE if completed M.Sc in Electronics?
  8. If I clear GATE in 6th semester will it be helpful to take admission in M.E. or M.Tech?
  9. Eligibility for PSUs recruitment by changing the branch through GATE and IES exams?
  10. List of vacancies in government and private banks for next year -- [New]
  11. Whether I am not eligible to appear in GATE if pursuing B.Tech 6th semester?
  12. Whether a B.Tech 6th semester student is eligible to study Integrated PhD through GATE/CSIR-NET?
  13. Is it ok to have backlogs to apply for PSU jobs?
  14. Eligibility criteria, procedure and examination date of various PSU recruitment exams for B.Tech(CSE) 7th semester student?
  15. Need previous years sample papers of mini ratna PSUs?
  16. Off-campus job opportunities for a candidate who have secured 69.14% in 10th, 56.7% in 12th and 74.14% in B.E. till 6th semester? Whether 12th percentage matters to get job if clearing GATE?
  17. Whether a B.Tech(ME) female candidate is eligible to apply for PSU? Should I have to appear in GATE?
  18. Companies under PSU which offer recruitment through GATE?

15th June 2016, 09:39 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I Eligible to apply for PSU recruitment through GATE 2017 without attending 6th Semester Exams?

No, you will not be able to appear for GATE with backlog.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .

Eligibility criteria :-

-The candidate should have passed B.A/B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.Arch./B.Sc (Research)/B.S. from a recognized university.

-The candidates who have passed M.Sc/M.A/MCA or equivalent are also eligible for the exam.

-Candidates who are currently in the final year or already completed the course can also apply for the exam.

-The minimum age limit to apply for the exam should be 18 years. However, there is no restriction on upper age limit to apply for the exam.

15th June 2016, 10:07 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I Eligible to apply for PSU recruitment through GATE 2017 without attending 6th Semester Exams?

No, you are not eligible to appear for GATE examination without clearing your backlogs.

The eligibility to appear for GATE examination is candidate must have passed bachelor of technology or bachelor of engineering form any recognised university without any backlogs.

So, if you have not appeared in 6th semester examination you are not eligible to appear for examination and hence not eligible for recruitment in PSU.

16th June 2016, 12:33 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear you are not eligible to apply for PSU Exams. The reason they want GATE score card in addition to that you should have list of certificates related your academic qualification.

More over you need to produce the documents at the time of certificate verification. You were saying that you have not attended for 6th semester exams. That means those subjects are under pending backlogs.

16th June 2016, 12:57 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir, I have completed final semester of B.Tech. But due to some medical issues, I could not attend 6th Semester Exams. Am I Eligible to apply for PSU recruitment through GATE 2017 with this criteria? Please let me know.
Sorry, it is not possible to apply for PSU recruitment without completing the engineering graduation. The eligibility is a pass in B.Tech/B.E in the concerned discipline and a GATE score. So it is not possible to appear for the recruitment without clearing your B.Tech. So complete your graduation first to get a job in Public Sector Undertaking companies with good salary. The competitions for the jobs are very high. So your marks should be good to get a job in PSUs.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?