27th November 2014, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Com honours helpful in UPSC? Should I take coaching after graduation? Which course to do at post graduation?

I am doing bcom hons and i want to be a ias officer question is 1.is bcom hons helpful in upsc exam 2. After grad. What should i do :take coaching class for upsc exam or 3. Do postgrad. which helps me in upsc exam, then which course i take? Plz plz ans me

4th December 2014, 07:03 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is B.Com honours helpful in UPSC? Should I take coaching after graduation? Which course to do at post graduation?

Your answer to question :

1. There are lots of optional courses in upsc list from commerce fields. Since you have done B.com , you can take of those and it will easier to understand for you.
Click here to see list of OPTIONAL

2. Coaching is not necessary only when you have proper guidance , study material and friend circle to study . Otherwise you should take coaching because just reading books available in the market is not sufficient . You have to make a proper plan for preparation otherwise you may end up wasting lot of time.

3. Doing post graduation can be beneficial but it is not a requirement . If you have a subject of your interest and you also want to take it as your optional , then you can do post graduation , else it is not necessary.

You can look at this website for further guidance :

upscportal.com
clearIAS.com
civilserviceIndia.com
16th August 2020, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is B.Com honours helpful in UPSC? Should I take coaching after graduation? Which course to do at post graduation?

I am B.com honour first year student , i want to become IAS, is my field helpful for IAS?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?