6th March 2018, 02:35 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply in CTET without B.Ed Degree being a BDS graduate?

Respected Sir, I would like to know that I am eligible for CTET? I have done BDS and secured 62 percent marks. But I have not done B.Ed. So, I can apply for CTET or not?

28th March 2018, 11:14 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply in CTET without B.Ed Degree being a BDS graduate?

A candidate should know that there are two sections in CTET exam and standards for both exams are different so first of all read the details below :

CTET for Teacher of Class I to V : Candidate should be passed senior secondary examination with minimum 50% marks from a recognised board or university and

Candidate should have passed or pursuing final year examination of Two year diploma in elementary education from a recognised university or

Senior secondary with 50% marks and 4 years B.Ed degree or pursuing final year of B.Ed degree.

For Teacher of Class VI to VIII : Candidate must have a graduate degree in any stream with minimum 45% marks with Diploma in elementary education or two years or B.Ed from a recognised university.

Candidates appearing in the final year exam of diploma or B.Ed may also apply for this exam

Dear as per above information you can not apply for this exam because you do not have either of the D.Ed or B.Ed therefore you are not eligible to apply for this exam.

If you apply for D.Ed then after one year you will be eligible for this exam
29th March 2018, 01:31 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To appear for CTET examination it is compulsory to have either diploma or bachelor degree in education.

So, if you do not have any of the above qualification then you are not eligible to appear for CTET examination for recruitment as Primary teacher also.

If you want to apply for examination then you must have to pursue B.Ed course.

For detail information about CTET examination visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
29th March 2018, 05:14 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CTET refers to Central Teacher Eligibility Test and it is held by CBSE once every year for recruitment of teachers in centrally funded government schools or private schools affiliated to CBSE.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in CTET after your BDS ( Bachelor of Dental Science ) degree course without having pursued B.Ed ( Bachelor of Education ) degree course then I would like to let you know that you are not eligible for appearing in CTET unless you hold D.Ed ( Diploma in Education ) degree or any equivalent teacher training degree course if not B.Ed.

For more details regarding CTET you can refer to its link www.ctet.nic.in.
29th March 2018, 07:18 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot apply in CTET examination without having B.Ed degree being a BDS candidate.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation from a recognized University and have B.Ed degree from a recognized University can apply for CTET examination.
Since, you have completed your BDS course, you can apply for B.Ed course on the basis of your qualification. After completing B.Ed course, you can apply for CTET examination.
29th March 2018, 08:12 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

BDS stands for Bachelor of Dental Science and being a BDS holder you are certainly eligible for government teacher job upto Class V only.

Further you have to qualify CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) for your recruitment as teacher in Centrally Funded schools like Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, etc. or State TET for your recruitment in state government also.

Also to be eligible for becoming teacher of higher classes you will have to complete B.Ed degree course which is a professional degree course related to basics of teaching.
30th March 2018, 11:12 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

CTET refers to Central Teacher Eligibility Test and same examination is held by CBSE for recruitment of teachers in CBSE affiliated government or private schools.

As far as you are concerned about the possibility of appearing in CTET without holding B.Ed ( Bachelor of Education ) degree or any other professional teacher training degree course then I would like to let you know that it is not possible as for appearing in CTET one is required to hold regular bachelor degree along with a professional teacher training course.

So, in order to appear in CTET you need to pursue a teacher a training degree course after your BDS degree course.

For more detailed information CTET you can refer to the link .www.ctet.nic.in
30th March 2018, 11:21 AM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Yes, you can apply for CTET(Central Teacher Eligibility Test) for your recruitment as teacher in centrally funded schools like KVS,etc.

BDS stands for Bachelor of Dental Science.

Being a BDS degree you are certainly eligible for government teacher job upto class V only.
30th March 2018, 01:47 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To appear for CTET examination conducted for recruitment as teacher in central government jobs the required qualification is :

Primary Teacher - Higher secondary with Diploma in Elementary Education or equivalent course.

Secondary School Teacher -- Bachelor degree and B.Ed course.

So, you must have to pursue B.Ed course or D.Ed course if you want to appear for CTET examination.

To get more details visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
30th March 2018, 03:17 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for CTET examination being a BDS graduate. To be eligible to appear in CTET examination, you should have passed Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education or B.Ed course from a Government recognised university. Since, you have passed your Bachelor's degree course in Dental Science, you are not eligible to apply for CTET examination.
30th March 2018, 10:22 PM
ranu shahi

It is compulsory to have a degree of B.Ed to be eligible for CTET entrance examination for every aspirant.
You have BDS degree but not B.Ed degree so firstly you have to complete B.Ed degree course from a recognized university to apply for CTET entrance examination.
On the basis of BDS degree only you are not eligible.
30th March 2018, 11:25 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You do not have sufficient qualification to appear for CTET examination.

It is compulsory to have B.Ed or Diploma in Elementary Education certificate to appear for CTET entrance examination.

So, you have to pursue any one of the course if you want to appear for examination. There is no age limit to appear for examination.

CTET is conducted by CBSE. For detail information regarding examination visit at http://www.ctet.nic.in\
17th August 2018, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

I am bom passed and have 54% in Senior secondary CBSE board could I eligible for ctet
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?