1st February 2017, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS exam without studying maths, on the basis of bio?

I am 11th science student without maths. So, I only want to ask one question that, can I able to apply for IAS without taking maths, on basis of bio? If yes, then what should I do. Please advice as quick as you can.

1st February 2017, 11:31 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS exam without studying maths, on the basis of bio?

Yes,you can apply for IAS exam without studying maths in 12th. IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service (IAS) exam. It is conducted by UPSC for recruitment of eligible candidates for civil services.

For IAS you must possess a Bachelor's degree from any of Indian universities or an equivalent qualification from any recognized university. Also you must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.
2nd February 2017, 12:57 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS exam without studying maths, on the basis of bio?

For IAS examination candidate must have passed graduation from a recognized university.

The upper age of candidate not be grater than 32 years.

Number of Attempts = 6.

Age relaxation and attempts is given to reserved category candidate.

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to apply for IAS exam without studying maths, on the basis of bio.
2nd February 2017, 05:32 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 11th science student without maths. So, I only want to ask one question that, can I able to apply for IAS without taking maths, on basis of bio? If yes, then what should I do. Please advice as quick as you can.

Yes, you can apply for IAS examination (Civil Service Examination) on the basis of biology. For appearing civil service examinations (IAS), you should be a Graduate (like BA or B.Sc or B.Com or BBA or BE or BTech etc) in any discipline from a recognized university. The upper age limit should be 32 years for the general category candidates, 35 years for OBC candidates and 37 years for SC/ST candidates. The above given is the basic eligibility to apply for civil service examinations. The civil service examinations are conducted by UPSC. The examinations are conducted once in a year. The UPSC website link is Click Here
2nd February 2017, 06:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam because IAS exam doesn't required any percentage or subject combination of 10th and 12th standard.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
2nd February 2017, 08:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS examination without studying Mathematics and on basis of Biology. But, to be eligible to appear in IAS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit required to apply for IAS examination is 21 to 32 years and upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. Since, you are pursuing 11th standard right now, you need to complete Graduation to be eligible to apply for IAS examination.
2nd February 2017, 09:27 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Yes, you can apply on the basis of bio as the main paper consist of Any Indian Language (300 Marks),General Essay (300 Marks),General English (300 Marks), General Studies (300 Marks), Any two optional papers (each 300 Marks). So you can apply without choosing mathematics. The minimum age requirement to appear for IAS exam is 21 years as on 1st August of that year when the exam is going to held. The candidate who completed his/her graduation or he/she is in final year then they are eligible to appear for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?