13th June 2021, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IFS(Forest Services) after MSc in Botany?

I have just completed Msc in botany. Can I apply for IFS(Forest Services)? Can I apply for IFS after completing my MSc in Botany?

15th June 2021, 02:20 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IFS(Forest Services) after MSc in Botany?

Eligibility criteria for IFS exam:-

Education qualification:-
A candidate must have passed bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely animal husbandry and veterinary science/botany/chemistry/ zoology/mathematics / physics/statistics and zoology as one of the subjects in bachelor's degree to be eligible to appear for IFS exam.

Age limit:-
The minimum age 21 years.

Selection procedure:-
Preliminary Written Test
Main Written Test
Interview.
15th June 2021, 04:57 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Yes, You can apply for IFS(Forest Services) after MSc in Botany.

You must have at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Statistics and Zoology in graduation to be eligible for IFS.

You should start preparing for exam with different mock test, previous year questions and coaching classes.

Your age should be less than 32 years at the time of recruitment.

Candidate's final selection will be done through interview followed by merit list.
15th June 2021, 05:05 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to appear for Indian Forest Service examination. Candidates passed bachelor degree in botany, zoology, chemistry etc are eligible to appear for the examination.

Age limit is 21-32 years and relaxation for reserved category.

So, you can appear for the examination. It is conducted in three stages. Mandatory to appear and qualify in all three stages of the examination for final selection.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2021, 05:23 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Education qualification for IFSC exam:-
The candidate should have passed a bachelor degree from a recognized university or must have an equivalent qualification.

Age limit:-
The minimum age limit is 21 years and maximum age limit is 30 years.

Age relaxation for SC/ ST candidates is 5 years. OBC candidates 3 years.
5 years for Defence Services personnel
5 years for candidate from the state of Jammu and Kashmir.

Official Website - www.upsc.gov.in
15th June 2021, 05:31 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for IFS ( Indian Forest Service )exam:-

Educational qualification:-
The candidate should have passed bachelor degree with at least one of the subjects namely animal husbandry and veterinary sciences/botany/chemistry/geology/ mathematics/ physics/ statistics/ zoology or a bachelor degree in agriculture/forestry or in engineering of any of universities which is recognised by government.

Age limit is between 21 to 32 years.

Selection procedure:-
Preliminary examination
Main exam
Interview.
15th June 2021, 08:08 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

You are certainly eligible to apply for Indian Forest Services Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The basic eligibility criteria required is given below,

Name of the Examination - Indian Forest Services

Name of the Organization - Union Public Service Commission

>> You must have done Bachelor's Degree with at least one of the subjects like Botany or Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science or Chemistry or Mathematics or Geology or Statistics or Physics or Zoology

>> Or must have Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture or Forestry or

>> Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from a recognized university or institute to be eligible.

>> As you have done M.Sc in Botany, I can say that you are certainly eligible to apply for this recruitment.
15th June 2021, 09:00 PM
Msdhoni02

Yes you can apply for IFS(Forest Services) after MSc in Botany. The candidate should be in the age group of 21 years to 32 years to be eligible for IFS exam. Union Public Service Commission conducts this exam. The candidate should have completed graduation in relevant subject to be eligible for IFS exam.
17th June 2021, 12:04 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Indian Forest Services (IFS) after completing your MSc in Botany. The educational qualification requires is a candidate must have passed a bachelor's degree in one subject as Chemistry/Botany/Geology/Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/Zoology/Agriculture/Forestry/Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science/bachelor's degree in Engineering from a recognized university. The candidate minimum age should be 21 years and the maximum age should not be more than 32 years.

I am also giving you the UPSC website link for your reference that is www.upsconline.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?