3rd December 2016, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for post of loco pilot after diploma in civil engineering?

I have diploma certificate of civil engineering. Can I apply for the post of loco pilot? Please tell and mail me. I am waiting for your reply. [email protected]
Thanks

3rd December 2016, 07:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for post of loco pilot after diploma in civil engineering?

No, you are not eligible to apply for Loco Pilot examination after completion of your Diploma course in Civil Engineering. Eligibility criteria required to apply for Loco Pilot examination is mentioned below :-

1. You should have passed ITI or Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Automobile Engineering from a recognised Institute.

2. You must be in between 18-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
3rd December 2016, 10:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for post of loco pilot after diploma in civil engineering?

No, civil engineering is totally a different stream and you will not be eligible for loco pilot post with this stream. You need diploma in electrical/mechanical/automobile/electronics engineering to become eligible for this post.

Even ITI qualification is similar trade will make you eligible for loco pilot jobs in Indian Railway. Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and technical tests.
3rd December 2016, 11:48 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

As per my knowledge you cannot apply for the post of loco pilot after completion of your diploma in civil engineering as civil engineering diploma department is not eligible for this post. Eligible diploma departments are :
1. Automobile Engineering
2. Electronics Engineering
3. Mechanical Engineering
4. Electrical Engineering

Thanks
8th December 2016, 09:23 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have diploma certificate of civil engineering. Can I apply for the post of loco pilot? Please tell and mail me. I am waiting for your reply. [email protected]
Thanks
No, you are not eligible for loco pilot exam.

Eligible Diploma departments are Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Automobile Engineering recognized by AICTE.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?