30th October 2017, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I get OBC certificate in Mumbai if studied in Pune but born in Mumbai?

I am born in Mumbai in 1997 and studied in Pune. My father belongs to Gujarat and settled in Mumbai since 1988. Now how can I get OBC certificate, though we are in OBC and it's also mentioned in Maharashtra OBC lists.

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any need for domicile certificate to appear for MHT CET exam?
  2. Do I need domicile certificate if I was born in Mumbai and studied in Junior College in Mumbai?
  3. Is Domicile certificate necessary for admission? I've born in Airoli(Navi Mumbai) and have completed my studies in Navi Mumbai, Now I wish to do Automobile Engineering
  4. Colleges offering B.Sc Microbiology in Mumbai and Pune -- [New]
  5. Is Domicile certificate required for doing MMS from Mumbai university? She has done 10th std(CBSE) from Dubai
  6. Will I come under NRI category for admission in engineering colleges? I am a student of Indian school in saudi arabia and want to do my 10th and 12th from navi mumbai. May I get domicile of mumbai, My parents and me both were born in Mumbai?
  7. Procedure to get domicile of Maharashtra to study further in Mumbai for 10th student of Abu Dhabi?
  8. How to get domicile certificate of person born in the state of Maharashtra?
  9. Is domicile certificate necessary for admission in F.Y.B.E Automobile?
  10. Will a student who is born in Mumbai and has studied from K.G. to VIIth in Mumbai and from VIIIth to XIIth overseas be eligible to appear for Maharashtra CET Engineering entrance as a domicile of Maharashtra?
  11. How to get the domicile certificate to apply for CET Mumbai?
  12. What are the documents required to take admission through MHT CET?
  13. List of best colleges as per my marks in MAH CET?
  14. How to give Karnataka CET for medical? I was born and educated in Mumbai
  15. How can one apply for domicile of Maharashtra state?
  16. Do we need domicile certificate for admission in engineering?
  17. Is there any college in Maharashtra for MSc in medical biotechnology
  18. Top ranked engineering colleges in Maharashtra? -- [Most Discussed]
31st October 2017, 10:57 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get OBC certificate in Mumbai if studied in Pune but born in Mumbai?

The acronym OBC stands for Other Backward Class.

To get OBC certificate in any state, you need to have first domicile certificate of the state.
If you have domicile certificate of Maharashtra then you can apply for OBC certificate from Tehsil to which you belong.

The dividing line between creamy and non creamy layer in OBC is income limit of parents and it is 8 lacs per annum. If your parents income is less than 8 lacs per annum then you can get OBC non creamy layer certificate and become eligible for reservation benefits.
31st October 2017, 03:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get OBC certificate in Mumbai if studied in Pune but born in Mumbai?

You will get OBC certificate of the place, where your permanent resident is. It will also depend on your address proof document, if you are voter of Maharashtra, then surely you will be eligible for OBC certificate.

Also, make sure your family is not under creamy layer, if you are willing to take benefit of OBC reservation.
31st October 2017, 05:47 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you have Voter Id of Mumbai then it means that you have citizenship of Mumbai. Look after living anywhere up to 25 years continue at same state or city you are known to be a permanent citizen. You have mentioned that you were living in Mumbai since 1988. You are a domicile of that place. In this case you are eligible to apply for OBC Caste certificate of Mumbai and it will be available from nearby block office. After applying, it will be available to you within 7 days.
31st October 2017, 06:59 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The first requirement of obtaining Other Backward Class certificate is domicile certificate of state. You can get OBC certificate only if you have domicile certificate of Maharashtra.

You can approach your Tehsil where you live to apply for OBC certificate. To get OBC certificate, your parents income should be below 8 lacs per annum.

Only non creamy layer candidates of OBC are eligible for reservation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?