15th January 2017, 03:57 PM
shresthasuraj

Can I join the Indian Army being a Nepal Citizen at the age of 25 years? What is the eligibility criteria required?

Respected Sir, I am Suraj Kumar from Nepal and I am 25 years old, I want to join the Indian Army and serve my Country so I want to know can I join the Indian Army being a Nepal Citizen at the age of 25 years? What is the eligibility criteria required? Please answer as soon as possible.

Regards
Suraj kumar

Related Questions:
17th January 2017, 02:04 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join the Indian Army being a Nepal Citizen at the age of 25 years? What is the eligibility criteria required?

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Army being a 25 years old Nepali citizen, but in one condition that you should have completed your graduation from a recognized college/university. You can join Indian Army through CDS examination. You cannot apply through NDA examination, because you have crossed the age limit. For CDS examination your age should be in between 19 to 25 years and there is no age relaxation. You should be physically and mentally fit. So, if you fulfill the above requirements then you are eligible to join Indian Army.
17th January 2017, 03:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join the Indian Army being a Nepal Citizen at the age of 25 years? What is the eligibility criteria required?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Army at the age of 25 years being a Nepal Citizen. The maximum age limit to join Indian Army is 24 years. Eligibility criteria required to appear in UPSC CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India or Nepal.

2. You should have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.

3. You should be within 19-24 years of age.

4. You should be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.
19th January 2017, 08:34 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by shresthasuraj View Post
Respected Sir, I am Suraj Kumar from Nepal and I am 25 years old, I want to join the Indian Army and serve my Country so I want to know can I join the Indian Army being a Nepal Citizen at the age of 25 years? What is the eligibility criteria required? Please answer as soon as possible.

Regards
Suraj kumar
Yes, you are eligible for Indian Army through CDS exam. You can apply for OTA post if you fulfill below given criteria.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized University.

Age Criteria:-

Officer's Training Academy: - 19 to 25 years
3rd November 2017, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am from Nepal but i have been staying in India because my father was Indian army (Gorkha regiment).
And now i have applied for OTA so i want to know that i will have to make Indian domicile or i can do without it sir??please help me out sir..
Thank you
9th December 2017, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Can i join indian army. Recently completed my BBA from Nepalese University. And I am 22 years old. DOB 1995/9/9. Hope for your kind information.
Thank You
3rd April 2018, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

I am student from Nepal and my dad is Ex-Gorkha army recruitment. Can I apply for officer after my 12th examination in science faculty (Biology)
12th August 2018, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir, I have recently passed my 2 from nepal in management. My date of birth is 2000 January 1. How can I apply for Indian Navy?
5th March 2019, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am a Gorkha and I am born and brought up in India and I have every citizenship documents except domicile and caste certificate, I have completed my 10 2 and I want to join in army how can I join please help.
my email
[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?