12th May 2014, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Civil service is better than being a PSU engineer or not?

I am working in Maharatna PSU as Dy. Manager with a gross salary of approx. Rs. 13 Lakhs/ year. My age is 34 years. Since after the new age limit set by UPSC, I am eligible to appear in UPSC this year. Earlier, I have cleared Mains but not made it final. Now, I want to appear in UPSC this year. But I have a doubt that whether It is advisable to join Civil service at the age of 35 years as I am earning good salary and have about 9 years of experience? Though I want to become an IAS officer as it is my dream job but I am in dilemma that it was too late for me to join IAS at this age since I feel that I could not achieve better career growth. May please advise me since because of this dilemma, I could not be able to give my best for preparing the CSP 2014.

16th May 2014, 09:44 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Civil service is better than being a PSU engineer or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am working in Maharatna PSU as Dy. Manager with a gross salary of approx. Rs. 13 Lakhs/ year. My age is 34 years. Since after the new age limit set by UPSC, I am eligible to appear in UPSC this year. Earlier, I have cleared Mains but not made it final. Now, I want to appear in UPSC this year. But I have a doubt that whether It is advisable to join Civil service at the age of 35 years as I am earning good salary and have about 9 years of experience? Though I want to become an IAS officer as it is my dream job but I am in dilemma that it was too late for me to join IAS at this age since I feel that I could not achieve better career growth. May please advise me since because of this dilemma, I could not be able to give my best for preparing the CSP 2014.

Hey friend,

Civil Service is all about serving the country,and wishing to join in as a IAS officer is a good option of yours and IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and this exam is being conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year for candidates to join in for the post of IAS officer.

First of all to join in as a IAS officer at this age is not a big deal as the interest is the biggest thing,and as you have much in you,you deserve to be one.As like all other entrance exams for applying for the IAS exam there are certain eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied by you inorder to apply for the exam.

ELIGIBILITY NEEDED FOR IAS:

# The eligibility would include stating from that the candidate must be a Citizen of India as per the Nationality standard for the exam

# The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 21-30 years of age.

# There are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidates and they are for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years and if you are a Ex-service men you will get 5 years exception from the prescribed limits/

# The Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a Degree and that to from a recognized university in any stream with a fair percentage in order to satisfy the education qualification.

If you are going to satisfy all these criteira for the exam then you can apply for the exam in either of the 2 modes:

>> ONLINE

>> OFFLINE

For more info about the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
7th August 2014, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

psu exam how apply answer clearly? and what is fuchur for the civil engineer give me fully details plz???!!!! Chirag Rathod
11th August 2014, 11:51 AM
poojamit
Member+

I think firstly it depends on your taste what you want to do? Secondly job criteria as well as your job experience does matters. You can join civil services. Best of luck.
3rd January 2018, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Can any one suggest me a best coaching centre for ias exam? You are all more experienced peoples so you may know very well .
3rd January 2018, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Can anyone suggest me a good ias coaching centre or institute ,you peoples are more experienced and well known persons can you guide me.?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?