2nd March 2018, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in IAS Preliminary exam for a candidate who has backlog in B.Tech?

Hello, I have a major problem. I want to become an IAS Officer but unfortunately I got backlog in my 4th year 7th semester of B.Tech. Now I have to wait for clear my backlogs? I want to know for IAS Preliminary exam I am eligible after giving backlog? When I will be completely graduate then I can give Preliminary exam?

17th March 2018, 01:20 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in IAS Preliminary exam for a candidate who has backlog in B.Tech?

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for IAS Preliminary Examination:

In order to join Indian Administrative Services (IAS), you are required to appear in Civil Services Aptitude Test that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

>> Candidates who have passed their Graduation/ Bachelor Degree are certainly eligible to apply for IAS preliminary exam. At the same time, candidates who are doing their final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for this IAS recruitment.

>> There are two options available for you,
A) As you have backlog in the final year of B.Tech, I suggest you to first concentrate well on clearing your backlog. Then you can apply for UPSC CSAT recruitment.

B) On the other side, you may apply for this UPSC CSAT recruitment and appear in it's recruitment processes. But remember, you are required to submit all your certificates during verification process. Hence, the choice is yours and I suggest to concentrate well on studies and not to divert outside of the studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?