22nd March 2016, 06:33 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for B.Sc. students to get job in Income Tax Department?

I am a bsc mec's student. I am interested in doing job in Income Tax Department. So kindly tell me about the eligibility criteria to get job there with this qualification? Please reply soon.

22nd March 2016, 09:14 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for B.Sc. students to get job in Income Tax Department?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a bsc mec's student. I am interested in doing job in Income Tax Department. So kindly tell me about the eligibility criteria to get job there with this qualification? Please reply soon.
If you are interested to become a Income Tax Officer, then you should appear and qualify in the for the Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC every year. The minimum educational qualification required for applying for Civil Service exam is Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. There is an age limit i.e. The candidate should have attained the age of 21 years but should not be more than 32 years and upper age relaxation given for reserved category candidates. Three years for OBC category candidates and Five years for SC/ST candidates.
22nd March 2016, 02:51 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for B.Sc. students to get job in Income Tax Department?

A graduate can join Income Tax department as an Income Tax officer through SSC CGL exam .

Eligibility criteria for the Income Tax Officer exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 18 years to 27 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit for for OBC candidates by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The selection exam for the post of Income tax officer is held in three stages.

Stage 1: Written Objective type Examination (Tier 1)

I General Intelligence + Reasoning - 50 marks
II Gen.Awareness- 50 marks
III Quantitative Aptitude - 50 marks
IV English Comprehension - 50 marks

Total Marks - 200

Duration: 02 hours

Stage 2 : Written Conventional type Examination (Tier 2)

I.Quantitative Abilities : 200 marks (100 Questions)
Duration: 2 hours

II.English Language & Comprehension: 200 marks.

Duration : 2 hours

Total Marks : 400

Stage 3: Personality test/Interview :100 Marks
22nd March 2016, 04:47 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to apply for income tax based jobs with the present qualification. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible is "
Graduate degree" from a recognized university. As B.Sc is considered as a graduate degree i am sure you are eligible to apply for income tax based jobs. So for that you will have to appear in Combined Graduate Level exam which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission. You can apply for SSC CGL recruitment with this qualidication.
22nd March 2016, 05:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
To become an income tax officer, you should qualify in SSC CGL exam.

Minimum qualifications required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.
22nd March 2016, 09:09 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to get a job in Income Tax Department, you nee to crack SSC CGL examination with a good score. You should however start preparing from now onwards in order to do well in the exam as it is not that easy and the competition level is quite tough.
22nd March 2016, 10:42 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for recruitment as Income tax officer after graduation degree.

To become an officer, you have to appear and qualify in CGL examination conducted by SSC. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university and age must be between 18-27 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidate have to qualify in all stages fir final selection. For more information about examination visit at http://www.ssc.nic.in.
22nd March 2016, 10:43 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to get job in Income Tax Department :
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
  • Age of candidate must be form 21 to 30 years. Relaxation in age is also there as per government norms.
  • There is no minimum percentage criteria.
Candidate have to appear in SSC-CGL exam in order to get job in Income Tax department.
22nd March 2016, 11:25 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Income tax department as an officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university.

Candidate age must be between 18-27 years.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in entrance examination eligible for recruitment for job. For more information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in
22nd March 2016, 11:32 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
The aspirant can appear for Combined Graduate Level (CGL) examination conducted by SSC to become Inspector in Income Tax Department. The eligibility to appear for the CGL is a graduation degree in any discipline. The age limit should be 18 to 27 years for general candidates, for OBC +3 years and for SC /ST +5 years.

The physical standards required are;

- Height – 157.5 cm, Chest – 81 cm, fully expanded with minimum expansion of 5 cm.
- For the test, you have to walk 1600 meters in 15 minutes and Cycling 8 km in 30 minutes.

Official website - Click Here.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?