22nd June 2016, 11:58 PM
Pradyuman Duhan

How to become Sub Divisional Magistrate for a candidate who has secured 86% in 12th Non-Medical?

Hi,
I have passed my 12th class by scoring 86% marks in Non-Medical stream from Haryana Board. Please guide me as to become an Sub Divisional Magistrate as it is my dream to become an SDM.

23rd June 2016, 07:57 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become Sub Divisional Magistrate for a candidate who has secured 86% in 12th Non-Medical?

IAS officers, after completing their two year probation period (training), enter service under 'Junior Time Scale'. During this period, they hold the post of Sub-Divisional Magistrate. So, to become Sub Divisional Magistrate, you have to first clear Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC for IAS post.

Eligibility criteria required for UPSC Civil Services Exam :-

Nationality : Indian.

Academic Qualification :Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age criteria :

General category :21 years to 32 years .

OBC candidates : 21 years to 35 years .

SC/ST candidates : 21 years to 37 years .

PWD candidates :21 years to 42 years .

Selection Criteria :

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
24th June 2016, 10:13 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become Sub Divisional Magistrate for a candidate who has secured 86% in 12th Non-Medical?

The minimum eligibility requirement in order to be eligible for SDM examination is that the candidate should have completed his graduation from a recognized University and the candidate's age should not be below 21 years. The maximum age should not therefore exceed the age of 30 in any case at the time of admission.

If you do fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you will be very much eligible to appear for UPSC examination and after clearing the examination, you will be very much eligible to avail the post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?