13th December 2015, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

How can i apply for Clerical post in Indian Army at 18 years age?

Sir, my self Sunil kumar sahoo. I am 18 years old. My height is 5 feet 4 inches. My life is only for indian army. So how can i apply for indian army in clerical post?

13th December 2015, 07:10 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can i apply for Clerical post in Indian Army at 18 years age?

If you wish to apply for Clerical post in Indian Army then you have to appear for NDA exam conducted by UPSC.

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts NDA exam twice a year in order to recruit personnel in different wings of Indian Army.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy which is divided into three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must be in between 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can sit for NDA exam.

-Selection process involves of written examination followed by personal interview by SSB.

Physical requirements needed to apply for NDA exam :

Height : Must not be less than 157.5 cms.

Weight : should be in proportionate with height.

Chest: Must not be less than 81 cms with a minimum expansion of 5 cms.

Eye Sight : 6/6 in both eyes .
13th December 2015, 08:09 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

First and fore most thing I would like to say is actually there are various ranks in Defense whether it is Indian Army or any wing. But you should have required qualification for it. To get a job in Indian Army you need to write any exam conducted by UPSC.

>> NDA

>> CDS

Either of the exam will allow you into the Indian Army. But before you should see your educational qualification for it. For NDA, you must have completed 12 with MPC from the recognized university.

Only Unmarried Male candidates having age in between 16 1/2 to 19 years are eligible.

For CDS you should have completed graduation from the recognized university. Age should be " 19 to 23 years " .

Both Male and female candidates are eligible for CDS.
13th December 2015, 08:55 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, my self Sunil kumar sahoo. I am 18 years old. My height is 5 feet 4 inches. My life is only for indian army. So how can i apply for indian army in clerical post?
There is nothing prestigious than serving your country, and joining in Indian army is a apt way to pursue it. To join in clerical post in Indian army , you need to apply for Indian Army Soldiers Clerk Exam and the eligibility needed for applying for the exam includes:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational qualification

-> The nationality standard states that candidate should have citizenship in India.

-> Age limit needed is 17 1/2 - 23 years.

-> Educational qualification needed is, candidate should have completed +2 with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English as subjects.

-> The physical standard needed is,candidate should have a minimum of height 163cm, weight 48kg and chest 77.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the exam to join clerical post in Indian army.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?