26th February 2014, 07:51 PM
digpalsinh 828

How can I be an IPS Officer?

Actually I wanna be an IPS Officer but am not sure of the procedures and all so can anyone tell me that how can i became an ips officer??????????

1st March 2014, 10:52 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I be an IPS Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digpalsinh 828 View Post
Actually I wanna be an IPS Officer but am not sure of the procedures and all so can anyone tell me that how can i became an ips officer??????????
Hey friend,

It is good to see your interest in joining in as a IPS officer.To tell about IPS it stands for Indian Police Service and this is Indian Civil service post and for joining this force the candidate would need write the concerned exam for it.

The concerned for it is being conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and the exam is IPS Exam and this exam is being conducted every year and there are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied by the candidate in order to apply for the IPS Exam.

ELIGIBILITY NEEDED:

# The Nationality standard needed for the IPS Exam is that the candidate should have a Citizenship in India.

# The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 21-30 years of age for General Category candidates and there are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidates.

# As talking about relaxation for the SC/ST candidate the relaxation allowed is 5 years and for the OBC candidates it is 3 years and if you are a Ex-service men then you will be 5 years exception from the prescribed limits.

# The Education qualification needed for the IPS Exam is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university and with a fair percentage and the degree can be completed in any stream as it dosen't matter.

# Apart from all this the candidate should be Physically fit while appearing for the exam.

SELECTION PROCEDURE:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Interview

The candidate who is satisfying all the above mentioned criteria can apply for the IPS Exam and that can be done in 2 modes:

>> ONLINE

>> OFFLINE

For more info regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
27th April 2015, 11:32 PM
Ashwakh

Default Re: How can I be an IPS Officer?

Indain police service:-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To become an IPS officer ,firstly the candidate should satisfy the eligibility criteria of the IPS exam .

Eligiblity criteria:-
----------------

1. The candidate shouldhave completed Graduation from a recognised university.

2. Age of the candidate shouldbe in between 21-30 years , if he/she belongs to General
category.

3. Age of the candidate shouldbe in between 21-33 years , if he/she belongs to Obc
category.

4. Age of the candidate shouldbe in between 21-35 years , if he/sge belongs to SC or ST
Category.

5. The candidate shouldbe a citizen of India.

** So , you should satisfy the eligiblity criteria of the IPS exam to apply for it and to become an IPS officer.

Selection process is ,

1) Preliminary exam
2) Main exam
3) Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?