4th November 2022, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

If cleared both exam of IRS but did not perfrom well at interview will I have IRS post or not?

Sir if i have cleared both exam of indian revenue service i.e. prelims and main but did not perfomed well at interview. Will i have a post or not for IRS?

6th November 2022, 02:33 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If cleared both exam of IRS but did not perfrom well at interview will I have IRS post or not?

The very first thing I would like to let you know is that to join IRS (Indian Revenue Service), you must qualify for the Civil Services examination held by UPSC.

The examination selection process comprises three stages which include Preliminary Test, Mains, and Personal Interview. Also, the final result is based on the combined performance in Mains and Personal Interview.

So, be optimistic about your result unless it is finally declared as the weightage of Mains is much higher than that of Personal Interview in the final selection process and if performance in Mains is better than you can expect your result as per your expectation even if your performance in Personal Interview is average.

For complete details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
6th November 2022, 03:55 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If cleared both exam of IRS but did not perfrom well at interview will I have IRS post or not?

Final selection will be only after qualifying in all three stages of the examination.

The post are allocated on the basis of merit list which is prepared on the basis of score in Mains and Interview. So, if you have not performed well in the interview but have performed well in the Mains then eligible to be in the merit list.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
6th November 2022, 04:43 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Interview is most important part of IRS exam .
As a result one needs to focus on brightening their communication skills and body language.
As this portion of civil service exam is not designed to judge someone's expertise on subject .
Interviewers are not just to ask questions but to evaluate candidates personality.
Thus there are chances of being disapproved because of interview.
11th November 2022, 02:13 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

For an Indian Revenue Service post, a candidate needs to qualify for all the stages of the examination. Only those candidates will be selected finally who have qualified for all the stages such as Pre-examination, Main examination, and interview. Those who clear all three stages would go through training, and after the completion of training, they will be recruited as IRS Officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?