25th September 2015, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Which job is more prestigious - Indian Administration Service or Indian Economic Service?

I want to know with which job can i make serious impact on society. Please tell me the value of Indian Administrative Service and Indian Economic Service? Thank you

25th September 2015, 11:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which job is more prestigious - Indian Administration Service or Indian Economic Service?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, Indian Administrative Services is the most prestigious services. Candidates get alloted based on the rank or marks secured in Civil Services Examination. Yes, candidates are required to give CSAT " Civil Services Aptitude Test " Entrance Examination in order to join Central Services namely, Indian Administrative Services, Indian Economic Services, Indian Police Services and Indian Foreign Services. So candidates who get high rank generally get alloted to Indian Administrative Services, this description says that Indian Administrative Services is the most prestigious one among all the other services.
26th September 2015, 11:09 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which job is more prestigious - Indian Administration Service or Indian Economic Service?

Both Indian Administration Service and Indian Economic Service are prestigious jobs. To be fair, they should not be compared as they have their own value and prestige and contribute equally to the nation as per their area of operation. However, to measure the level of prestige, it depends on the post one is holding under each of this category. The higher the post, the higher is the prestige. However, IAS is considered the most prestigious job in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?