24th August 2014, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Physical eligibility criteria for Nurses in Short Service Commission in Indian Military Nursing Services?

I am 142 cms height Am I eligibile for nurses vacancy in short service commission in indian military nursing services
physical eligibility criteria for nurses in short service commission in indian military nursing services

28th August 2014, 12:47 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Physical eligibility criteria for Nurses in Short Service Commission in Indian Military Nursing Services?

As the advertisement for the MILITARY NURSING SERVICE (MNS) didn’t clearly mention
the height requirement. The MNS advertisement just mentioned that “Physical Fitness:
Medical fitness will be assessed as per Military Standards by Military Authorities. X-Ray
examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen) will be done. The physical fitness of selected
candidates will finally be determined by a Medical Board under arrangement made by the
office of DGAFMS. Candidates pregnant at the time of medical examination and joining for
commission will be rejected being temporarily medically unfit.”

The physical fitness standard for MNS puts the height requirement as 148cm having
relaxation of upto 5cm for candidates belonging to North-East states.

Considering the fact that this service has been offered my MNS only so the same
standards should apply.

But, as it was not clearly mentioned in the advertisement so I would suggest that you appear for the physical fitness test after qualifying written exam.
12th May 2015, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Physical eligibility criteria for Nurses in Short Service Commission in Indian Military Nursing Services?

sir I am form submit in nov 2014 for admission in mns service so not yet received call letter. please give me
advise call letter.
26th February 2016, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

If any person suffering from PCOS and having eye sight problem can join mns or not
14th July 2016, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

What is the height, weight and chest for staff nurse in Indian Military Services?
15th July 2016, 06:22 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Physical eligibility criteria for Nurses in Short Service Commission in Indian Military Nursing Services:-

Height :162.5 cms for male candidate and for 152 cms women candidates.

Weight : in proportionate with height.

Chest : 77 cm without expansion and 82 cm with expansion.

Vision : 6/6 or 6/12 with or without glasses.
27th July 2016, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

I have passed B.Sc. Nursing. I am 150 cm. Am I eligible for Military Nursing Service?
28th July 2016, 08:21 PM
Sri Kavya Ketagani

You are eligible for Military Nursing Service if you fulfill the following criteria:

->Education:You should have bachelor's degree in nursing.

->Height:162.5 cms for male candidates and 152 cms for female candidates.

->Weight:In proportionate with height.

->Vision:6/6 or 6/12 with or without glasses.

->Age:Your age must be in between 21 to 42 years.
2nd June 2019, 07:56 AM
Unregistered

I have tattoo can I apply for mns there is so small on may head like bindi
8th August 2019, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Is there any problem in candidate having flat feet
16th November 2019, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

I am using spectacles for short sight can I apply for it
5th April 2020, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

AM SUFFERING FROM MYOPIA AM I ELIGIBLE FOR MNS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?