13th July 2017, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a CID officer

Hello Sir, I want to become CID officer. I completed my intermediate 1st year, but I have a left leg problem, it is a small minor fracture. Now it is cured . Is there any relaxation to this problem? And also what is the eligibility and the process to become a CID officer? What course I have to take in degree to become a CID officer.

14th July 2017, 09:11 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a CID officer

The full form of CID is Criminal Investigation Department.

Recruitment to CID is done from Indian Police Services. You can apply for Civil Services examination to join CID.

There is no relaxation to such problem in competitive exam. You can pursue bachelor's degree in any stream to apply for Civil Services exam and clear it to join IPS and further CID.

Minimum age required to apply for Civil Services exam is 21 years.
14th July 2017, 01:04 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become a CID Officer:

There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for the post of Officer in Criminal Investigation Department (CID).

>> The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university in any discipline.

>> You are required to appear in Civil Services Recruitment Examination to become CID officer.

>> You need to appear in Civil Services Exam by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

>> You are required to qualify in Preliminary Exam, Main Examination followed by Interview. So that you can become officer in CID department based on the rank you secure.
14th July 2017, 08:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CID stands for Criminal Investigation Department. There is no relaxation to any candidate for minor fracture problem. Candidates can apply for Union Public Service Commission Civil Services examination and clear it to join Criminal Investigation Department. Top officer's from Indian Police Services are selected for Criminal Investigation Department.

The minimum academic qualification required for Civil Services examination is that candidate must pursue bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for Civil Services exam. The age limit for Civil Services exam is 21-32 years.
14th July 2017, 09:44 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

There are many posts available for the candidate in CID.Their level of entry is determined by their qualification.The different posts are as follows-
Additional Director General of Police.(ADGP)
Inspector General Of Police(IGP)
SP
DSP
Inspector.
superintendent.
Asst. Sub Inspector.
Constable.

Eligibility-
For ADGP a candidate must have 12th passed.
For sub inspector a candidate must have a graduation degree. Course in Criminology added advantage to the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?