5th February 2018, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Process to apply for Civil services exam after class 10th?

I am Nahar singh of class 10 I want to know about civil services and which sub I have to take in 11th class for my bright future. Can anyone tell about it. Thanks.

5th February 2018, 11:01 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Process to apply for Civil services exam after class 10th?

In order to appear in Civil Services Exam, you can opt for any stream in your 11th and 12th standard and after that you have to complete your graduation in any stream from a recognised University.
This is the basic qualification which is required.
5th February 2018, 11:10 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Minimum qualification required to appear in civil services is graduation in any discipline from a recognised University and as you are in 10th standard, so you can opt for any stream in your 11th standard because there is no specific stream required to appear in this examination. After completing your 12th standard you have to complete your graduation in any stream in which you are interested.
6th February 2018, 12:20 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You can take subjects at your choice. It won't cause any troubles in your dreams of appearing for Civil Services Examination.

To appear for Civil Services examination you just need to be graduated from a recognized university.

Any candidate who has completed his/her graduation from any professional/technical course can apply for civil services examination.

So choose your subjects and concentrate on your studies.
6th February 2018, 10:54 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

There is no subject or stream restriction in order to appear for Civil Services examination. Hence, you can complete your 12th standard in any stream from a recognized board. After that you have to complete your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized college/university. With this qualification you can appear for Civil Services examination and for this your age should be 21 to 32 years, for OBC candidates 35 years and for SC/ST it is 37 years. You must be an Indian citizen with a height of 165 cms. You must be physically fit and should have good eyesight. You can visit the website (http://www.upsc.gov.in) and get more details regarding the examination.
6th February 2018, 05:44 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Nahar singh of class 10 I want to know about civil services and which sub I have to take in 11th class for my bright future. Can anyone tell about it. Thanks.

Students have to study 10+2 and then graduation in any discipline to apply for civil service examinations. Civil service examinations are conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). One can choose the subject based on his ability, skill and interest. Candidates can study either a BA or BCom or BSc or BE or MBBS to pursue civil service examination in the future. There are three stages in the Civil Service Examinations. They are Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Personality Test (Interview). Candidates’ upper age limit to apply for the Civil Service examination is 32 years for general category, 32+3 years for OBC category and 32+5 years for SC/ST.
6th February 2018, 07:38 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment in defense service.

The required qualification to appear for examination is that:-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years.

The examination is conducted in three stages. There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear for examination.

So, you can select the course as per your interest. For detail information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th February 2018, 09:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Since you are interested in applying for Civil Services examination being a Class 10th passed candidate then for that you need to first complete your higher secondary school degree followed by your graduation degree course from a recognized university.

Further as far as you are concerned about the selection of stream for your further studies then I would like to let you know that for appearing in Civil Services examination there is no compulsion of a particular stream at any stage of academics and hence you hold the liberty to go for that subject which lies to your strength and interest as same will be easiest subject for you psycologically. Also as per the statistics the selection rate for all subjects are almost same and hence stream of academics does not matter much.

For more details regarding Civil Services examinaton you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
7th February 2018, 12:30 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

There is no limitation on discipline of degree to appear for examination.

So, you can select any course as per your choice in 11th and bachelor degree to appear for examination.

If you want to get syllabus and pattern for examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th February 2018, 12:33 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to apply for the Civil Services Examination, you must have to complete your Graduation course from a recognized University which is the basic educational qualification required for the examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination.
9th February 2018, 11:46 PM
chikkykranthi619

Minimum educational qualification needed to apply for civil services examination is 10th pass with +2 and degree or equivalent in a recognized university/board.
So, first complete you +2 and degree or any equivalent course then apply for civil services then you will be eligible for appearing civil services.
But what i suggest you is to prepare from now itself by studying NCERT from class 6 to class 12 of all subjects then later prepare for general studies section.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?