11th February 2016, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

Qualification required to write UPSC exam? How to prepare for UPSC exam?

I am in 12th STD in arts stream so that if I am able for the exam; please tell me how can I prepare myself for UPSC exam? And what is the qualifications need in the exam of UPSC?

11th February 2016, 02:54 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification required to write UPSC exam? How to prepare for UPSC exam?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. Exams are conducted every year. First of all you need to pass out graduation then only you are eligible to write UPSC entrance examination.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must have passed their graduation with at least 50% of aggregate from a recognized university.

Candidate age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be physically fit.

It is one of the toughest examinations so you have to labor hard and study with concentration to crack this exam.
11th February 2016, 03:41 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification required to write UPSC exam? How to prepare for UPSC exam?

Minimum Educational Qualification :

Candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university.
Age of candidate must be from 21 to 32 years. Relaxation is also there as per government norms.
There is no minimum percentage criteria.

Just follow these tips to prepare for UPSC exams :

• Prepare a good time table. Be organised and divide all your time and syllabus properly and always stick to your time table.
  • Keep your body nourished. Never ever skip meals and do little exercise daily and keep yourself happy.
  • Stay away from disturbing agents like social media, movies, video games etc.
  • Make you own notes and follow them only.
  • Refer good books and practice as much as you can.
  • Solve as much numericals as you can.
  • Solve as much previous papers as you can.
11th February 2016, 08:58 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts various examinations like IPS, IES, IAS, IFS, CDS, NDA, etc., every year. Except for NDA examination, the minimum educational qualification required to appear in rest of the UPSC examinations is completion of Graduation or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. You can prepare for UPSC examinations by studying the below mentioned books :-

--> Objective General English by R.S. Agarwal
--> A Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal
--> A new Approach to Reasoning by Sijwali and Sijwali
--> Quantitative Apitude by R.S. Aggarwal
--> Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency by Tyra and Kundan, etc.,.
11th February 2016, 09:20 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Qualification Required to Appear in UPSC Exam:

UPSC is an examination conducting agency which recruits candidates in huge number under several recruitment examinations. UPSC Examinations are challenging Exams, so you are definitely required to prepare very well. In order to secure good marks and for goal oriented success I suggest you to take the help of best coaching institute. For Some recruitments, the minimum qualification required is Graduate Degree and for some recruitments the minimum qualification is 12th Class. So here are the qualification required which can be obtained from the below link. Several UPSC recruitments are,

>> Indian Forest Service Examination

>> Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination

>> Civil Services (Main) Examination

>> National Defence Academy and Naval Academy

>> Engineering Services Examination

>> Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination

>> Geologist Examination

>> Combined Defence Services Exam

>> Combined Medical Services Examination

Click here for More Details
13th February 2016, 04:53 PM
rahuljain12

I'm also interested to appear UPSC exams..Some of my friends have also passed this tough exam. Your tips are so helpful for me. Thanks...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?