30th December 2014, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Steps after qualifying in IAS written exam? What kind of training provides in IAS?

Hello
If someone have qualified ias exam
what is the next step and
what is done in ias training?????
please reply as soon as possible

2nd January 2015, 11:22 PM
Rahul9596

Default Re: Steps after qualifying in IAS written exam? What kind of training provides in IAS?

IAS is Indian Administrative Services. This is the highest cadre of services in India. After selection in IAS you have to go through a rigorous officers training of 1 year. In this training period the candidates are taught how to run the administration under their control when they are actually in the field.

They are trained very hard and tough rules and regulations of the Government of India and how to stick to them throughout their period of service to the government. In short the candidates are taught all tit bits of administration and how to run it tactfully always.

After Qualifying the IAS the candidates are given the option to choose from their cadre list to which they are eligible according to their rank secured. Afterwards they are rendered the hardship of training.
3rd January 2015, 12:05 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Steps after qualifying in IAS written exam? What kind of training provides in IAS?

IAS training has lots of phases. It includes classroom training programs, field visit, discussion with former bureaucrats.

Training is conducted in Mussoorie, Dehradun. Training institute is LBSNAA.
Training program is of 1 year duration.
Other than classroom training, there is Bharat Darshan, field visit to all important historical, administrative, military camps. It is an eye opener for all officers to get an idea about different aspects of India.

At the completion of training, you will be given field posting where you will work for long time.
9th April 2017, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am studying inter 2nd year and I want to become an IAS. I want to complete my engineering and I want to become an IAS officer. Can it is possible for become an IAS with out doing degree.pls tell what steps should take for an IAS officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?