13th October 2015, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

Which stream is best to choose after 10th to become a District Collector?

I have got 82% in 10th standard and i want to became a DISTRICT COLLECTOR. I doesn't understand which stream should be better in 11th. Please want your help and consult me a good direction.
THANK YOU

13th October 2015, 11:44 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream is best to choose after 10th to become a District Collector?

In order to become District Collector candidate have to pass Civil Service Exam.
Candidate have to pass graduation in any stream in order to appear in Civil Service Exam.

Candidate should choose any stream of his/her interest after 10th, so that he can prepare for Civil Service Exam properly. You should select those stream that you find easy so that you can prepare well for the entrance exam.
14th October 2015, 01:01 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream is best to choose after 10th to become a District Collector?

To become the District Collector you have to qualify in the Civil services examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

You are eligible to pursue any course to appear in the examination and qualify in the examination. The required qualification to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university and age between the 21-32 years with the relaxation in the age of the reserved category.

The examination is conducted in the three stages and the candidates have to qualify in all the stages for the final selection. The examination is conducted in the August and the application for the examination is available in the July.

So you can pursue you any course in the 10+2 and in the graduation. For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
14th October 2015, 02:06 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. The examination is among the toughest examination.

As the eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from any recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-32 years with the relaxation for the reserved category.

Since there is no limitation on the discipline of the graduation you can pursue the 10+2 and the graduation course in whichever you have interest. So you can start the preparation for the examination.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
14th October 2015, 02:18 PM
vinoth1921

-->It is good to see that you have a great interest in aiming for District Collector.
-->IAS is not actually different from Collector, since both are same.
-->You can do any stream to become a civil service aspirant.
-->It is good to take Commerce in your HSC so that you can opt the below mentioned course.
-You can do courses related to History/ Geography/ Economics/ Law etc. which is all 3 years course and this also gives you ample time to prepare parallelly for Civil service exam during your graduation.
-->If you take Science subject then also you can try for Civil Services.
-If you going to pursue engineering then also it is okay , you may also try for
-IES is the one of the exam conducted by UPSC every year for the post of Engineers for the superior posts.
-CDS is conducted twice in a year for the posts like Executive, Engineers etc to join defense.

-->UPSC conducts many exams like Civil Service(IAS/ IPS/ IFS etc.) for Civil service aspirants.

-->Eligibility
-Citizen of India
-Should be a Graduate
-Age Limit - 21-30 yrs
-Some post require Physical qualifications.

-->Examination Process
-Preliminary Exam
-Main Written Exam
-Interview
14th October 2015, 05:34 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have got 82% in 10th standard and i want to became a DISTRICT COLLECTOR. I doesn't understand which stream should be better in 11th. Please want your help and consult me a good direction.
THANK YOU

You can choose any stream of your interest in 11th standard.
You have to finish graduation to apply for civil services examination.

Then you have to apply for online/offline for UPSC examination.

It will hold every year in the month of May.

There are two examinations for Civil Services one is a Preliminary and the other one is Mains.

After clearing both the examination there will be an interview.
You can check the details in the UPSC website also.
14th October 2015, 09:07 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You can take any stream in 11th and the selection of stream in 11th has nothing to do with Civil Services examination for becoming District Collector. Each and every stream is the best and it all depends upon your interest that either in science or commerce or arts you are interested.

So, judge your interest and select the stream in 10+1. For civil services examination, minimum qualification is bachelor's degree. Therefore in bachelor's degree you can take subject which you would like to take as optional in mains exam.
8th May 2016, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir/madam I have given my sslc exam just this year my goal is to become a district collector please help me step by step.
10th July 2021, 07:07 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

In order to become District Collector candidate have to pass Civil Service exam.
Candidate have to pass graduation in any stream in order to apply for civil service exam.
Candidate should choose any stream of his/ her interest after 10th.
So that he can prepare for Civil Service exam properly. You should select those stream that you find easy so that can prepare well for the entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?