8th October 2015, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should be opted after 12th for Civil Services?

I have just completed my 12th with non medical stream this year. What stream should i pursue in after 12th for cracking Civil Services exam?

8th October 2015, 11:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should be opted after 12th for Civil Services?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just completed my 12th with non medical stream this year. What stream should i pursue in after 12th for cracking Civil Services exam?
After completion 12th standard, you can choose any stream for graduation degree. Because if you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
8th October 2015, 11:39 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There is no such predefined stream that a candidate must choose in order to appear for the Civil Services examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year. The eligibility criteria for the Civil Services examination is that candidates can apply for the exam after completion of bachelor's degree in any stream.

So, depending upon your interest, you can select in any stream after 10+2 that is in bachelor's degree so as to be eligible for this exam. One thing I would like to say that selection of stream in 10+2 should be done keeping in mind that optional subject which you would like to take in Civil Services main examination.

The advantage is that you will have good knowledge of the subjects at basic level in bachelor's degree and then you can perform well in mains exam with little effort.

For list of optional subjects Click here .
9th October 2015, 12:15 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC every year and it is among the toughest examination and is considered as mother of all other examination.

Since the eligibility criteria to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from any recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-32 years and relaxation in the upper age limit for the reserved category.

There is no limitations on the discipline and the aggregate of the graduation. So after 10+2 you are eligible to pursue whichever course you like most and have interest. But you need to start the preparation to qualify in the examination.

For any details about the examination pattern, syllabus and list of optional subject you can visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?