23rd January 2014, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

Which subject is better out of Biology and Zoology for Indian Forest Service examination?

hi I'm sneha from bangalore, I want to take indian forest service examination, along with that I want to do my M.sc, so may I know which subject is better out of zoology and biology

9th March 2014, 12:20 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject is better out of Biology and Zoology for Indian Forest Service examination?

It is good to see you aspire for Indian Forest Service examination as well as pursue your M.Sc. degree course. Since you are aspiring for IFS exam, so you should choose Zoology and not Biology. This is because of the following reasons :-

- Biology is a vast subject. So preparing for it is difficult.
- Biology is not a subject listed in the eligibility condition for educational qualification in IFS exam.
- There is no Biology paper.
- There is Zoology paper in the IFS exam.

For previous year's question paper of Zoology click on the below links .
Paper I
Paper II
15th July 2021, 06:49 PM
Singhskomal

Default Re: Which subject is better out of Biology and Zoology for Indian Forest Service examination?

Indian forest services ( IFS)
civil service examination conducted by UPSC.
Education qualification for IFS:- Bachelor's degree in at least one of the subjects: Mathematics, statistics, zoology, botany,veterinary, animal husbandry, geology, physics, chemistry, agriculture,forestry,science or Bachelor's degree in engineering of recognized University.

Age limit:- 21 to 32 years.

IFS consists three stages:
Preliminary
Main exam
Personal interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?