17th September 2017, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Which subject is most important to clear IAS exam?

Hi, I am Pavitra. I am in class 9th and I want to become a high grade IAS officer. Can you please tell me that I should clear my basics in which subjects, so that I can qualify it easily.

Related Questions:
17th September 2017, 07:51 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject is most important to clear IAS exam?

You can choose any subject and any stream in school or in graduation in order to become an IAS officer. Candidates from any stream are eligible for IAS examination after graduation. Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years, for OBC candidates it is 35 years and for SC/ST it is 37 years. You must be an Indian citizen with a height of 165 cms for men and 150 cms for women. You should be physically and mentally fit.

With this eligibility you have to appear for Civil services examination conducted by UPSC. After qualifying the examination you have to appear for a physical test followed by personal interview which will decide your selection.
17th September 2017, 09:39 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

I am impressed with your devotion to achieve your aim of becoming an I.A.S Officer.

UPSC conducts Civil Service examination every year for recruitment of candidates as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview.

Preliminary - Objective Paper contains CSAT and General Studies paper. So, the question are asked from Social Studies, General Science, Current Affairs.

Mains - Optional Paper and General Studies. The question will be from your optional paper and History, Polity, Geography, Economics, Ethics, Science.

So, from now if you will go through NCERT books of Social Studies and Science it will benefit you more. Make habit of reading newspaper and writing essay on common topics in news.

If you want syllabus for examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
17th September 2017, 10:54 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

It's very good to see that you are so focused about your career. To give IAS exam you have to complete your graduation first. Only after that you can give this exam. Till then increase your general knowledge. Read English newspapers and magazines daily. Keep an eye on current affairs and watch business related news. This will help you a lot in future. Main preparations you can do in the final year of graduation. Thanks
18th September 2017, 09:38 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become an I.A.S Officer you also have to do hard and smart work to qualify in all three stages of Civil Service Examination.

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted every year and among the toughest examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages as :-

Preliminary.

Mains.

Interview.

All these papers contains questions from General Studies, Science, Current Affairs and English Essay.

So, you have to prepare for examination as according to syllabus. There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree paper to appear in examination.

So, you can pursue any stream in your academic course. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
18th September 2017, 11:23 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer, you just need a graduation from a recognised University.

If you have keen desire to become an IAS officer then go for arts stream because questions in IAS exam are based on:-

History

Geography

General Knowledge

Current Affair etc.

Age limit:-

Age limit is 21 to 32 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?