24th October 2010, 12:26 AM
nitin.kajla

What is pattern for IAS exam if i choose maths?

hi,guys
i want to know what will b pattern of ias exam if i choose math.how many exam will b there and which another subject i has to clear.is it genrel studies.pls reply with details.i will b thankful.

Related Questions:
24th October 2010, 10:37 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is pattern for IAS exam if i choose maths?

hi,
there will be two exams in ias,
the first is prelims which will consist of one general studies and aptitude test papers each objective and each of 2 hours duration.
the second part is known as mains,you can write this only when you clear the prelims exam,
here you have to choose two subjects of your own choice,and general studies,the exam will be descriptive
all the best
24th October 2010, 12:44 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

The IAS exams Pattern are -

paper I is a compulsory papers consist of the General Studies paper.

And Paper II (one subject to be selected) -

Agriculture,
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany,
Chemistry,
Civil Engineering,
Commerce,
Economics,
Electrical Engineering,
Geography,
Geology,
Indian History,
Law,
Mathematics,
Mechanical Engineering,
Medical Science,
Physics, Sociology,
Statistics, Zoology.

You have to choose any one subject from the above list. You can opt to any subject, it entirely depends on your interest and some little knowledge about any subject.

The Exam notification will come in the month of november or december and last date for submission of form will be in the month of january.

The prelims exam will be conducted in the month of may.The results for the prelims exam will be out in the month of August OR in september.
24th October 2010, 08:18 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Hi friend !!

It is really a great idea to go for IAS...since you just have three chances to clear the exam...you have to be thorough with the paer or the syllabus...

since mathematics is your optional choice..the question pattern will remain the same as that for the others...

for more details you can follow the link given below..

http://www.upsc.gov.in

The Exam notification will come in the month of november or december and last date for submission of form will be in the month of january.

The prelims exam will be conducted in the month of may.The results for the prelims exam will be out in the month of August OR in september.

good luck !11
22nd January 2011, 01:28 PM
Maxsteel

There is no change in pattern from subject.

In prelims You have to give 1 paper of GS & 1 of CSAT
In mains you can have your subject maths.

Remember you have to work very hard for it because maths as a subjective can be very tough
23rd February 2011, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

in main exam total how many subjects v have to choose if we r going 4 mathematics
27th February 2011, 08:41 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Exam Pattern: All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:
  • Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.
  • Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.
The Preliminary Examination is held in May/June and the Main Examination in October/November. One must begin preparations of the main exam along with preliminary exam. This is because there is little time for the Main exam if one waits for the results of the Preliminaries.

1. Preliminary examinations

The prelims are held around May-June.It has objective ie multiple choice questions. There are two papers (duration of each being 2 hrs).
a)General studies b) Optional subject
(
The prelims are held around May-June.It has objective ie multiple choice questions. There are two papers (duration of each being 2 hrs). a) General studies and b)Optional subject: you can choose from Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, Agriculture, Maths, Phy, Chem, Stats etc. Important: It is not compulsory to choose the same subjects of your graduation. The results are declared in July-August and the successful candidates are called for the main examinations. PS. The prelims score has no bearing for determining the final merit list for the services.
2. Main examination

The main written examination usually takes place in Oct-Nov, it comprises of 9 papers in all (a lot more strenuous than CAT!) Duration of each paper is 3 hrs. Language: one of the Indian languages, English, Essay GK and Current Affairs: 2 papers on general studies Optionals: papers from two subjects that fall in optional-1 and two papers from optional-2 (a choice of subjects is listed by the UPSC in the prospectus) Candidates who are successful in the main examinations are eligible for an interview which plays a crucial part in the selection.
The main written examination usually takes place in Oct-Nov, it comprises of 9 papers in all (a lot more strenuous than CAT!) Duration of each paper is 3 hrs. Language: one of the Indian languages, English, Essay GK and Current Affairs: 2 papers on general studies Optionals: papers from two subjects that fall in optional-1 and two papers from optional-2 (a choice of subjects is listed by the UPSC in the prospectus) Candidates who are successful in the main examinations are eligible for an interview which plays a crucial part in the selection.
For more details:http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th April 2011, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

Hi , Can anyone tell me what are the reference books for Maths as optional paper in Prelims.
Thanks,
Sabiya.
27th April 2011, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

what are the qualifications needed to appear for ias exam
30th April 2011, 04:32 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

hi,
it is really a great idea to go for IAS...since you just have three chances to clear the exam...you have to be thorough with the paer or the syllabus...

since mathematics is your optional choice..the question pattern will remain the same as that for the others...

thanks
30th April 2011, 04:33 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

hi,
it is really a great idea to go for IAS...since you just have three chances to clear the exam...you have to be thorough with the paer or the syllabus...

thanks
30th May 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

what stream should i choose in 11 standard if i want 2 clear for IAS..?
31st May 2011, 01:21 AM
mailmeshekhar2011

Hi dear,

upsc conduct IAS exam through civil services examination.

The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages :-
(i) Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates
for the Main Examination; and
(ii) Civil Services Main Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates .

Minimum Educational Qualifications:
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the
Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an
Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

for detail go to:-
The Official Website Of UPSC

Thanks
8th June 2011, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

hi,namrata das completed my engg in 2007 and i m married now can i start learning of IAS. is this possible pls give me ans .....there is a lot many years of gape ....of 5years
20th June 2011, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I have just passed my SSC exams And I want to go for medical.Kindly suggest me whether I should take PCB or PCMB?
20th June 2011, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

if i want to choose the maths as a subject in the main exam what will be the sllybus
21st September 2011, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

how many papes in IAS exam and i want to take math ?
1st October 2011, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

i am a student BCA II year a have passed my 10 2 from art side and my subject in 12th standard were civics ,history,physichology,and i want to prepare for IAS PLZ, tell me what subjects,can i do for IAS so plz,tell me
2nd January 2012, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir,
I am Msc maths student.I want to go for IAS exam but I do not have knowlegde about IAS & main job of IAS officer's. I want to know what will be paper pattern of IAS exam if I choose mathematics?How many exam will be there and which another subject I have to clear?Is it genrel studies.Would you be kind enough to reply soon with details.I shall be thankful....
22nd March 2012, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

hi everybody.......
i am engineering student(IT)want to prepare for IAS .......
I Want to know about total fees required for this exam.....If u knw then plz tell me....
28th September 2013, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

Can u pls explane the complete syllabus of maths in ias exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?