17th April 2017, 02:51 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects to choose in IAS exam, being a B.Tech candidate?

Sir/Ma'am, I’m B.Tech (ME) student but I want to joining the IAS exam. Which subject chooses out? Please. Give me reply. Thanks

Related Questions:
  1. Subjects for IT students in IAS EXAM?
  2. Which Optional Subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a Bio-Agri candidate?
  3. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  4. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  5. Preferred subjects to choose for IAS after BHMS?
  6. Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  7. Which subjects can I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in Electronics and Communication? Will the public administrator and history subjects are good for me?
  8. How to choose subjects for PCS exam? I am 23 years old and have done B.Tech in CSE
  9. Is it beneficiary to prepare for IAS exam after 12th with PCB? Which subjects should I choose for it?
  10. How many subjects to choose for IAS? Previous years question papers for EE engineering?
  11. Which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an electrical engineering student?
  12. Procedure to become an IAS? What subjects to choose for IAS Exam?
  13. Which Optional Subjects should I choose for IAS Exam?
  14. Which subjects to choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BA?
  15. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in IT?
  16. Which subjects to choose in IAS exam, being a B.Tech candidate? -- [New]
  17. Which two optional subjects would be enough to crack IAS?
  18. After btech from computer science can i do IAS? -- [Most Discussed]
17th April 2017, 11:36 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to choose in IAS exam, being a B.Tech candidate?

IAS examination stands for Indian Administrative Services examination which is a part of Civil Services examination. In order to apply for this examination you should have completed you B.Tech (ME) with minimum 50% marks from a recognized college/university). Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years. For OBC candidates the age is relaxed by 3 years and for SC/ST candidates it is 5 years.

There is no such subject restriction for this examination, you can choose between these subjects according to your interest:

> Agriculture

> Law

> Zoology

> Indian History

> Statistics

> Geology

> Sociology

> Management

> Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science

> Anthropology

> Botany

> Mathematics

> Mechanical Engineering

> Medical Science

> Chemistry

> Philosophy

> Civil Engineering

> Physics

> Commerce

> Accountancy

> Economics

> Geography

> Public Administration

> Electrical Engineering

> Psychology

> Political Science & International Relations
17th April 2017, 12:47 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

List of optional subjects for IAS exam:-

Agriculture

Botany

Civil Engineering

Chemistry

Economics

Zoology

Electrical Engineering

History

Management

Mathematics

Philosophy

Public Administration

Sociology

Geology.

Political Science and International

Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science

Selection Procedure for IAS exam:-

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Interview.
17th April 2017, 12:54 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Ma'am, I’m B.Tech (ME) student but I want to joining the IAS exam. Which subject chooses out? Please. Give me reply. Thanks

Being a B.Tech you can opt for physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering etc in IAS Examinations. Mostly students select the subjects like geography, history, economics, sociology and psychology for IAS examinations. Actually there are 51 optional subjects available for IAS examinations. You can choose the subjects based on your interest. The above given are some of the subjects you can choose after B.Tech. The Civil Service Examinations are one of the highly valued examinations and it will be held once in a year. The UPSC is conducting the examinations. Candidates with graduation in any discipline can apply for Civil Service Examinations. The UPSC website link is Click Here
17th April 2017, 09:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can choose any optional subjects available in the list of subjects mentioned in the UPSC notification. There is no compulsion to select according to your degree.

If you are good at your stream, then choose any subject which is related to your stream. It will help you to save time for other sections preparation, of you are strong in it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?