7th December 2011, 10:04 AM
amit.gsowami

Which subjects can I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in Electronics and Communication? Will the public administrator and history subjects are good for me?

Dear sir,

I am a graduate in B.Tech Electronics and communication. i want to do preparation for IAS but i am confuse which subject i should choose?
If I am going to choose Electrical Engineering than my friends are suggesting that it has huge syllabus that's why i am little bit confuse.
if I am going to choose public administrator and history weather it will be good

so please solve my problem

regards
Amit Goswami

10th December 2011, 05:40 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects can I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in Electronics and Communication? Will the public administrator and history subjects are good for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.gsowami View Post
Dear sir,

I am a graduate in B.Tech Electronics and communication. i want to do preparation for IAS but i am confuse which subject i should choose?
If I am going to choose Electrical Engineering than my friends are suggesting that it has huge syllabus that's why i am little bit confuse.
if I am going to choose public administrator and history weather it will be good

so please solve my problem

regards
Amit Goswami
Hello Amit,

Since you have pursued your engineering degree in Electronics and Communication, it would be easier for you to cover the syllabus of the Electrical Engineering within time compared to that of History. History is not the subject which you should prefer because I guess you you can do much better in electrical engineering and will be able to score good marks.

As far as Public Administration is concerned, it's the most preferred subject by candidates belonging to different streams. The syllabus is not too vast and is an scoring subject.

You can not take Political Science & International Relations/Management along with public Administration and in case of engineering subject, you can take more than One subject from the engineering stream.
15th December 2011, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subjects can I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in Electronics and Communication? Will the public administrator and history subjects are good for me?

is ias exam is tough?plz tell me what should i do?i dont like maths .is maths is compulsory for ias.and i am in 9 class now what should i read.
15th December 2011, 11:36 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear .....
The exam pattern for IAS exam are as follows..........

So, you should be strong in this paper .

Good luck...........
25th January 2012, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

which subject can I choose for ias exam. well I have been doing MBA in finance and i am good in management and other related subject of management.
Will these subjects are good for mains and me as well?
27th March 2012, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

sir , i am in b.tech first year EC branch please suggest me that which subject i should opt that i can prepare for this exam side by side.
18th April 2012, 04:39 AM
Unregistered

i am in 10th class. i want to know what subject i choose for ias.
8th May 2012, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

which subject can I choose being a student of class 12th with commerce?
15th May 2012, 01:41 PM
chillarboy
Member+

The exam pattern for IAS exam are as follows
you have pursued your engineering degree in Electronics and Communication, it would be easier for you to cover the syllabus of the Electrical Engineering within time compared to that of History.
History is not the subject which you should prefer because I guess you you can do much better in electrical engineering and will be able to score good marks.
As far as Public Administration is concerned, it's the most preferred subject by candidates belonging to different streams.
The syllabus is not too vast and is an scoring subject.
You can not take Political Science & International Relations/Management along with public Administration and in case of engineering subject, you can take more than One subject from the engineering stream.
2nd June 2012, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Can i take electrical engineering and tele communication with history as 2 subjects for ias main exam
21st June 2012, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

sir, pol science & international relation is good option with history and is this a scoring subject ?
27th June 2012, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am going to take admission in engineering college.but my aim is ias.so,i am in dilemma of choosing my stream.sir my interest is in electronics and communication.will it be easier to crack ias if i choose this stream or should i take electrical engineering.please suggest me soon.
abhishek goswami
23rd December 2012, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i m getting confused while choosing the subject as my stream is electronics and communication engineering..i need your views regarding choosing of optional subject and plz give me the names of the books for csat(apptitude),and for hindi language
14th February 2013, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I have completed B.Tech in CS&E. Which two optional subjects I should take for IAS exam? Can I take Mathematics & History as two optional subjects? Are these two subjects scoring?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?