16th February 2017, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to become a CBI officer?

Excuse me Sir/Mam, I am currently studying in 12th and am going to write my annual exam and am 18 now. I am interested to become a CBI officer. Can you tell me what is the procedure to become a CBI officer. Please tell me more about it.
My email
[email protected].

16th February 2017, 11:04 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to become a CBI officer?

To become a CBI officer you have to appear for Combined Graduate preliminary exam conducted by Staff Selection Commission.

Candidates should have a graduation from a recognised University.

Candidates should have Indian citizenship.

The age limit must be between 21 to 27 for general category.

The age limit must be up to 35 years SC/ST candidates.

The age limit must be upto 33 years for OBC candidates.
17th February 2017, 04:50 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To become Central Bureau of Investigation officer you have to appear in the entrance exam that is conducted every year by Staff Selection Commission. Candidate should have a graduation from a recognised University and it should be in between 21 to 27 year for general category and age limit must be upto 35 years for SC and ST and it can be 33 years for OBC candidates.
17th February 2017, 06:25 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In order to become an Officer in CBI department, you are required to appear in Entrance Examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Yes, UPSC conducts Combined Graduate Level Examination and make sure you secure merit marks in Written Examination and perform well in the Interview in order to get selected finally. As you are presently pursuing 12th Class, I suggest you to first complete Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any discipline. The basic educational qualification required to become an Officer in CBI Department is "Bachelor Degree" in 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 pattern. So that once you attain the required eligibility criteria you may start applying for this recruitment become an Officer in CBI Department.
17th February 2017, 07:54 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become a CBI officer:-

To become CBI officer, you may appear for Combined Graduate preliminary exam, conducted by Staff Selection Commission. To be eligible for this exam, you must hold a bachelor's degree, from a recognised University.

Age limit is between in 20 years to 27 years with the relaxation of upto 5 years for SC / ST and OBC candidates.
15th March 2017, 12:42 AM
ealpexpart@

Location: c/o debi dev, 2/ J green park north old calculate road. barrackpur. p.o.- talpukur, kolkata-700123
Post Re: What is the procedure to become a CBI officer?

Dear, You can get job in central bureau investigation through UPSC and SSC CGL exam.

Information about UPSC EXAM:

Educational qualification: Candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university with minimum 50%.

Age limit: Age limit below 32 years for open category. Age relaxation is applicable for backward classes as per government rules.

Selection procedure: Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil service examination for recruitment of police in Indian Police force. After serving in Indian police force you can get chance to enter CBI as per your seniority.

Civil service exam consists of written test, interview, physical fitness test.

Information about Staff Selection commission combined graduate level exam:
You can get job through SSC CGL in CBI as sub inspector (grade pay -4600).

Educational qualification: Candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university with minimum 50%.

Age limit: Age limit below 30 years for open category. Age relaxation is applicable for backward classes as per government rules.

Minimum height 157.5 cm and chest is 81 cm.

Selection procedure: >> Online objective based test
~ Tire 1- 100questions(reasoning,mathematics,English,general knowledge) ,200 marks.
~ Tire 2- 100 questions (maths) 200 marks, 200 questions (English) 200 marks.

>> offline written descriptive test of English essay / letter, 100 marks.

>> physical fitness test.

Salary: You can get 13 months salary when you'll join in CBI as sub inspector.

•Reference books:

English - S.P. BAKSHI

Quantitative aptitude - R.S. AGGARWAL
Quantum cat - Arup sharma.

General studies - Lucent,Arihant

Reasoning - R. S. Aggarwal

I hope it will help you.
Thank you.
13th April 2017, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I would like become FBI officer and I have master degree in Criminology and forensic science therefore we can become FBI officer?
11th July 2017, 11:38 PM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Excuse me Sir/Mam, I am currently studying in 12th and am going to write my annual exam and am 18 now. I am interested to become a CBI officer. Can you tell me what is the procedure to become a CBI officer. Please tell me more about it.
My email
[email protected].
You can become CBI OFFICER after Graduation.
STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION conducts COMBINED GRADUATE LEVEL (CGL) EXAMINATION every year.After clearing this exam,you directly become CBI INSPECTOR.
After some years of experience in CBI,you will become CBI OFFICER.

ALL THE BEST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?