6th November 2016, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

What is the role and power of a collector?

I had some questions which I am asking on this site. My question are:
1. What is role of collector?
2. What is power of collector?

7th November 2016, 05:35 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the role and power of a collector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had some questions which I am asking on this site. My question are:
1. What is role of collector?
2. What is power of collector?

The district collector is the one who is supervising general administration in the district. He is acting as a Head of Land and Revenue Administration. They are in charge of collection of land revenues, distribution of agricultural loans, land assessment, disaster management during natural calamities like floods, crisis management during riots and communal violence. The collector is the one responsible for the peace and order in the district. His main duty is to maintain the law and order within the district. He has to submit the annual criminal report to government. He looks after election work within the district.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?