16th April 2016, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for banking exams after completion of graduation in Zoology?

Hey,

I am the student of class 12 nd my stream is bio-science..let me tell if i wil complete my graduation with zoology,can i apply any banking exam?after graduation i'll prepare for that exams,but is there create any problem if i go through with science?

16th April 2016, 03:42 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for banking exams after completion of graduation in Zoology?

Yes, you are actually eligible to apply for Banking Examinations after completion of Graduation in Zoology. But the problem where it appears is in qualifying Examination. But if you are confident about the subjects which are asked in Banking Examinations, then I am pretty sure that you can get job in Banking Sector.

The minimum qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Banking based examinations is "Graduation" from a recognized university. Kindly notice the word, "Graduation PASS in any discipline" required in order to be eligible. As it is clearly mentioned that Graduation in any discipline is accepted, you do not worry about the eligibility criteria after completion of Graduation in Zoology discipline.

Important Note: I suggest you to take the help of best coaching institute to score good marks and to get grip on the concepts as you are from non maths background.
16th April 2016, 08:53 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for banking exams after completion of graduation in Zoology?

You are a student of 12th class and want to get job in banking sector in future. You want to know the eligibility criteria of banking exams after doing graduation in zoology subject. Yes, definitely you are eligible.

>>The educational qualification required for getting eligible for bank job is that student must possess graduation degree from a recognized university subjected to condition that you must fulfill the age limit criteria. So you are eligible for banking jobs in the final year of graduation course or after completion of graduation course. There is no problem while preparation, if you go through with science stream.

>>So in my opinion you have no need to bother about the eligibility criteria. At this stage, you have to focus in 12th standard. After passed in 12th standard, you have to get admission in graduation course and in the meanwhile you can start your preparation for bank jobs.
17th April 2016, 12:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey,

I am the student of class 12 nd my stream is bio-science..let me tell if i wil complete my graduation with zoology,can i apply any banking exam?after graduation i'll prepare for that exams,but is there create any problem if i go through with science?
After completion of B.Sc in Zoology, you can do banking exams like Bank PO and Clerical exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
17th April 2016, 12:28 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hey,

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Bank Examination. You can apply for IBPS Clerk or PO exam after completing Graduation in Zoology. The problem is that, being a science stream student its difficult for you to prepare for Bank examination. You have to work hard to crack the bank exam with good mark. Please, go through previous year qualification and try mock test as well, which helps to qualify in Bank exam.

IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria:

- Those who completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to apply.

- The candidate age should be not less than 20 years and not more than 30 years and upper age relaxation will be given to reserved category candidates 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.
17th April 2016, 01:15 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hey,

Yes, you are eligible to apply for banking examinations after the completion of graduation in Zoology. Many nationalized banks are recruiting candidates through IBPS. The IBPS is conducting examination for the Clerks and PO posts. The eligibility to appear for the above mentioned posts are passing in graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. There will be a Common Written Examination and Interview for the selection. The website link is given http://www.ibps.in/.
17th April 2016, 03:24 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be very much eligible to apply for banking examination if you will have completed your graduation in Zoology as the only criteria to apply for banking exams is that a candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any stream from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 55% in aggregate.
17th April 2016, 11:44 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Of course, you are eligible for banking examinations even after completion of graduation in Zoology.

# It is required that candidate must have any bachelor degree from recognised university in order to be eligible for banking examination.

# Except State Bank of India, recruitment process in all nationalised banks is conducted by IBPS (Institute of Banking Personal Selection).

# After completion of graduation you are eligible for following banking examination:

* IBPS Probationary Officer (PO) Examination
* SBI Probationary Officer (PO) Examination

# Required age limit for IBPS Probationary Officer (PO) Examination:

* 18 years as minimum age for all categories
* 30 years as maximum age for general category
* 33 years as maximum age for OBC category
* 35 years as maximum age for SC/ST category
* 40 years as maximum age for Physically Handicapped category

# Questions asked in the objective type written examination generally from the following sections:

* Reasoning Ability (total 40 questions carrying 40 marks)
* English Language (total 40 questions carrying 40 marks)
* Quantitative Aptitude (total 40 questions carrying 40 marks)
* General Studies & Current Affairs with special reference to economy, banking sector etc. (total 40 questions carrying 40 marks)
* Computer Knowledge (total 40 questions carrying 40 marks)

# Candidates aspiring of banking examination may refer following useful books in this regard:

* Dilhan Publication's Numerical Aptitude for Banking
* Kiran's Data Interpretation and Sufficiency
* Objective Arithmetic by S.L. Gulati
* Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggrawal
* English for Competitive Examination by A.K. Kapoor
* Non Verbal Reasoning by Prabhat Javed
* English for Competitive Examination by Harimohan Prashad
* Analytical Reasoning by A.K. Pandey

# for more information, please visit the official website of IBPS i.e. http://ibps.in
23rd September 2017, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

I have completed m.sc in mathematics. I am eligible to become probationary officer in a bank in banglore through banking exam
12th May 2020, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

I have completed graduation in botany hons then i will apear in banking exam
6th June 2020, 06:32 PM
HGK7

you are a student of 12th class and want to get job in banking sector in future. You want to know the eligibility criteria of banking exams after doing graduation in zoology subject. Yes, definitely you are eligible.

IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria:
  • Those who completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to apply.
  • The candidate age should be not less than 20 years and not more than 30 years and upper age relaxation will be given to reserved category candidates 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.
7th June 2020, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

I am an vocational student in inter but i have interest in banking how can i join it
25th August 2020, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

What are the option I have after completing of graduation in Botany?
2nd September 2020, 03:48 AM
Deepak Baraik

Anyone who has completed his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
Of course you are eligible for appearing in Banking exam.
But, here you are studying Biological Science and
For the banking exams you must know
1) Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
2) English language
3) Data analysis and Interpretation
4) General Economy/ Banking Awareness.
3rd September 2020, 09:49 AM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible to apply for banking exams after completion of graduation in Zoology?

Yes, you can apply for Banking exams after completed your graduation in any subject.

If you will have completed your graduation in Zoology as the only criteria to apply for banking exams is that a candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any stream from a recognized University.
3rd September 2020, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

I am in 12 th Std and I have took science stream..so what degree should I complete to write banking exam?
5th September 2021, 03:36 PM
Minal F

Yes,
Candidates must have a graduation degree in any stream from a recogniszed university.

Age limit- 21 to 30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?