20th July 2015, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for applying IFS exam if I have completed B.Sc honours graduation?

I've pursued my graduation in B.Sc. honours in microbiology. I have studied physics only in 1st year of graduation. Am I eligible for appearing in IFS exam? Can someone please provide me the information on this? Awaiting to get the answer.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IFS 2015 examination if done M.Sc in Forestry?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for SBI PO exam if secured 43.25% in B.Com and completed ICSI?
  3. Eligibility criteria for IFS examination?
  4. Am I eligible to write IFS exam? I have completed my PG in MSc Biochemistry some years back
  5. Am I eligible for IFS exam after passing BSc computer application honors with Zoology and Botany?
  6. Can I do Psychology course for post graduation after completion of B.Sc Graduation?
  7. Can a commerce graduate apply and get a job in Indian Forest Services?
  8. For which PG degree am I eligible after passing BSc from DU? Can I do Honors course after BSc or BSc Physics Science?
  9. What is the eligibility for B.Sc Honours in Chemistry?
  10. information regarding BSc Honors in Chemistry?
  11. Am I eligible for IFS entrance exam after doing graduation in Biotechnology?
  12. Am I eligible for IFS exam after passing graduation in Nautical Sciences?
  13. Am I eligible for IFS after doing BSc Agrilculture? I have a height of 156 cm
  14. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Is diploma treated as graduation for applying the KAS exam?
  16. What is the IFS exam eligibility criteria? I have completed BSc Plant biology and biotechnology
  17. What is the job scope if I study electronics honors in BSc? Will I be eligible to appear in GATE examination after completing raduation with electronics honors and Msc in electronics?
  18. Can i apply for IFS after completing my graduation in B.E. from mechanical branch?
20th July 2015, 03:41 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for applying IFS exam if I have completed B.Sc honours graduation?

No, you are not eligible to appear for the IFS examination. The examination is conducted by the UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognized university.
* Candidate age must be between 21-30 years.
* Candidate must have pursue Mathematics,physics,chemistry,botany,zoology,geolo gy in the graduation.

So you cannot apply for it. But with the microbiology you are eligible for the Civil Services Examination which is conducted by the UPSC every year.

The application for the 2015 examination is closed. To get the detail information about any of the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
20th July 2015, 05:18 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for applying IFS exam if I have completed B.Sc honours graduation?

No, you are not eligible for IFS exams after completing B.Sc honours graduation.

Eligibility for IFS exam :
Candidate must have completed graduation degree with atleast one of the following subject Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology / Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or Engineering from any recognised university.

Age Limit : Age of candidate must be from 21 to 30 years. Relaxation is also there for reserved candidates as per government norms.
20th July 2015, 09:10 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to apply for IFS examination.

IFS i.e Indian Forest Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year. This year notification has been already completed. Last date for receipt of application has been already closed. Next notification will be published in the month of May or June in the official website of UPSC as well as employment newspaper.

Eligibility Criteria:

An Applicant should have completed bachelor's degree with at least one of subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Statistics, Mathematics and Zoology, or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. An applicant's must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years. Age relaxation are applicable for reserved categories.
20th July 2015, 11:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've pursued my graduation in B.Sc. honours in microbiology. I have studied physics only in 1st year of graduation. Am I eligible for appearing in IFS exam? Can someone please provide me the information on this? Awaiting to get the answer.
After completion of B.Sc in Microbiology, you are eligible for IFS exam.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Final year student are also eligible for IFS exam,

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is provided for SC/ST/OBC candidate category.

Pattern for IFS exam:-

Paper I:- General English (300 marks)
Paper II:- General Knowledge (300 marks)
Paper III-VI:- Any two selected optional subject (200 marks for each paper)
Personality Test:- 300 marks
27th February 2018, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

I am a simple BSc (Pass course having zoology,chemistry) passed student. Can i be eligible for IFS?
2nd February 2021, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Is bsc forestry different from bsc forestry hons
22nd September 2021, 09:58 PM
Minal F

NO,
Candidates who have completed bachelor's degree with atleast one of the subjects like ANIMAL HUSBANDRY,BOTANY, CHEMISTRY , ZOOLOGY are eligible for IFS exam.
5th August 2022, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

B.sc psychology is eligible for aiFos?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?