12th May 2023, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for JEE Mains and Advanced after passing 12th from another board several years ago?

I passed 10th in 2012 and 11th 2013. I was expected to give 12th in 2014 but was absent due to medical conditions. I then joined NIOS but since NIOS exam was a bit difficult, I finally passed 12th in 2016. Am I eligible for JEE Mains and JEE Advanced now in 2023 - 2024?

15th May 2023, 08:56 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for JEE Mains and Advanced after passing 12th from another board several years ago?

No, you are not eligible to apply for JEE Main and Advanced. Candidates can apply for JEE main only upto two year more than the year in which one passed the 12th board examination.

So, you are not eligible to apply for the examination now after 7 years of passing 12th board examination.
15th May 2023, 09:33 AM
Dip Mali
Junior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for JEE Mains and Advanced after passing 12th from another board several years ago?

Yes, of course.
Candidates can appear in JEE Main in three consecutive years from the year passing of their class 12 examination.
Or,
JEE Main 2023 Eligibility Criteria:-
75%, 12th Percentage , Number of Attempts.
15th May 2023, 08:24 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for JEE Main and JEE Advanced even if you have passed your 12th grade from another board several years ago. The eligibility criteria for JEE Main and JEE Advanced include age, qualifying examination, and number of attempts.

To be eligible for JEE Main, you should have passed your 10+2 examination or any equivalent qualifying examination. There is no specific time limit mentioned for the year of passing 12th grade, so you can apply for JEE Main regardless of how many years have passed since you completed your 12th grade.

However, for JEE Advanced, which is the next level examination after JEE Main, there is an additional criterion. You should have appeared for your 12th grade examination for the first time in either of the preceding two years. So if you have passed your 12th grade several years ago, you may not be eligible for JEE Advanced. It's always advisable to check the official guidelines and eligibility criteria for the specific year you plan to apply to ensure you meet all the requirements.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?