24th December 2014, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

B.Tech or M.Tech which degree has more demand in Civil engineering field?

In a reputed company which degree that is m.tech or b.tech are demand more now a days in civil engg. feild? job periority of b.tech and mt.tech at reputed company of india or international

Related Questions:
  1. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  2. B.Tech or M.Tech which degree has more demand in Civil engineering field? -- [New]
  3. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  4. What is the future scope in Civil Engineering? Best universities providing masters degree in civil engineering
  5. Can I directly do Ph.d after completion of my dual degree in Civil Engineering in JNTUH?
  6. After Civil Engineering is it better to continue to higher studies or jobs should be preferred? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which is better for me after B.Tech Civil Engineering between M.Tech and MBA? Which branch is preferable for me in M.Tech? Scope of job after B.Tech or M.Tech or MBA?
  8. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE?
  9. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  10. Is it possible to take M.Tech Civil engineering after doing B.Tech in ECE?
  11. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  12. Which are the good colleges for M.Tech in any trade of electronics?
  13. Which are the top colleges in Tamilnadu? I am pursuing masters degree in the field of Civil engineering
  14. Steps for a B.Tech CSE student with 58%? Any companies for which I am eligible?
  15. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  16. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  17. How to do M.Tech in IIT after pursuing B.Tech 2nd year Aeronautical engineering?
  18. What is the difference between pursuing MBA and M.Tech?
24th December 2014, 09:52 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Tech or M.Tech which degree has more demand in Civil engineering field?

Obviously M.Tech being master degree has got more value than B.Tech in any reputed company.

But this does not means that B.Tech is no relevance.

One can even get job in reputed MNCs after a B.Tech degree, but a M.Tech degree holder will possess much more qualities than a normal B.Tech graduate.

In short, M.Tech degree holder is of much more relevance to a company than a B.Tech degree holder in any engineering field.
25th December 2014, 12:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Tech or M.Tech which degree has more demand in Civil engineering field?

B.Tech is a Bachelor's degree course and M.Tech is a Master's degree course. So, most probably candidates who completed M.Tech course will be given more priority than candidates who completed B.Tech course. You can find many job opportunities in Government and Private sectors even after completion of B.Tech course from a recognised university. Since, M.Tech is a Master's degree course, more priority will be given to M.Tech graduates in Civil Engineering field.
25th December 2014, 03:26 PM
Rahul9596

For a reputed company i think maser degree benefited more. M.tech is a master degree course and for this it is good to apply for the GATE exam. And civil engineering is a good course and after that you can also apply for the job in government sector there are many companies in government sector in which you can apply for the job after M.Tech.

You can also get job after B.Tech but then you will get less salary as compare to the job after M.tech. And after M.tech you will also get a good post and good salary package.

And there are so many companies in India in private sector in which you can apply for the job after M.Tech. So, i think it is best to do M.tech and after that you may get good job with good salary.

For M.tech it is best to apply for the GATE exam after that you will get good college for the M.tech after that you may get good job through campus placement.
25th December 2014, 04:09 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It cannot be said at one go that b.tech is better than m.tech or m.tech is better than b.tech. This is because there are different scope and utility of both these degrees. B.tech will help in getting a wide range of jobs than m.tech since in m.tech one needs to specialize in a particular field. However to get a better job designation and a better salaried job, m.tech is useful. You can find more opportunities with m.tech abroad as compared to the b.tech. However, usually experience comes into play when one has to acquire such good opportunities. Hence the best option would be going for job for two or three years after b.tech and then going for m.tech course.
25th December 2014, 05:23 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Any company will prefer to select a candidate, who has completed his/her M.Tech than the candidates from B.Tech. Because, candidates who has completed his/her M.Tech will have more knowledge in their respective Stream and they can easily understand the work Structure in Organisations, than compared to students, who have only B.Tech degree. So, most of the companies will give high preference to M.Tech candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?