2nd August 2016, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Which is better BA or B.Sc in terms of scope?

Hello, Sir I have passed my 12th class in non-medical this year. I want to know what is the scope of BA or B.Sc? Out of these courses which course has more jobs? I want to become a IPS officer, please help me how to apply for it?

3rd August 2016, 03:16 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which is better BA or B.Sc in terms of scope?

To become Indian Police Service you must complete graduation. Only those candidates are allowed to face the exam who have completed their graduation from a valid university. Age must be between 21 years to 32 years. Union Public Service Commission every year conduct Civil Service Exam for various posts & one of them is IPS.

Both BA & B.Sc have good scope but B.SC has an edge over BA. If you wish for government jobs both are good, buy if you want a job from science side then go for B.Sc. For Civil Service you can complete graduation in any. Let say if you complete in BA then in written exam you can chose Art subjects & if from B.Sc then science subjects.

Choice should be your's, which subject you feel is interesting for you. As BA having only theory but science having theory + practical. So, think wisely before taking decision.
3rd August 2016, 03:50 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Both the courses have great career opportunities after completion of graduation, therefore, you need not worry about it. You should just concentrate on your interest as to which field you are interested in and then continue with your studies further.

Moreover, you have not provided me any specific branch of education and therefore, it is not quite possible for me to provide you with the exact information on the same.

As you want to become an IPS officer in future, it really does not matter whether you complete your graduation in BA or B.Sc.

You will have to appear for UPSC examination and once after clearing the examination, you will be allowed to move on with the further selection procedure.
3rd August 2016, 05:31 PM
senguptaphysics

It is not a question of scope but your aptitude is what matters. For example, doing B.Sc may have more scope but if you do not have aptitude for science you will do poorly in the examination which will lead you nowhere. If you want to compete for IPS then you need a graduation degree, subjects do not matter. Visit the official site of UPSC you will get all relevant information regarding the examination.
3rd August 2016, 06:12 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The one who is interested to become IPS officer must have completed graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks from recognised University. As a science student I would like to suggest you to take admission in Bachelor of Science degree. After completion of your BSc you will have to appear in UPSC Examination.

Selection procedure:

Preliminary Exam
Main Exam
Interview
20th April 2018, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

People prefer BA over BSc for UPSC as BA posses the subjects like geography ,politics , history. so as a science student should I choose back over bsc
20th May 2019, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

As a non-medical student which subjects are better to take in bsc to prepare for upsc?
22nd May 2019, 12:02 PM
Dexpert
Member+

Dear Student,
As you want to know about scope of B.A. And B.sc then below is some information about B.A. and B.Sc :
B.A.
==>its 3 year graduation course
==>after it you can even do M.A.
==>later you can apply for professor
==>Philosophy
==>Economics
==> Political Science
==>Geography
==>Sociology
==> Literature
==>History
==>Psychology
==> Anthropology
==>Library Science
==>Archaeology
==>Education
B.SC :
==>BSc (Honours) Physics can apply for a job as a financial analyst
==> lab technician, etc.
==>Candidate with a degree in BSc (Honours) Chemistry can apply for a job in sectors such as medical research, laboratories
==>utility companies
==>Techchnical journals
==>After B.sc candidate can go for higher study M.sc ,NET exams ,Professor...a huge scope
For Banking cleark ,po,ssc graduation lev exam upsc exams only graduation require ...Both B.A. and B.sc candidate can apply for it
==>So B.A. or B.sc choose as per your interest...scope is broad in both courses
I hope this information may helps you
9th August 2019, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

which has more scope among B.Sc cbz or B.A. in govt as well as private sector ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?