6th January 2016, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Can 16 years 10 months old students appear for AIPMT entrance?

I am 16 years and 10 months old student. I have just passed my 12th examination. I want to know if i can appear for the AIPMT entrance examinations or not?

6th January 2016, 08:20 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can 16 years 10 months old students appear for AIPMT entrance?

# You are presently not eligible for All India Pre Medical Test as you are presently below the age of 17 years. Please note that only those candidates are considered eligible who are above the age of 17 years as on 31st December of that concerned year.

# AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test.

# All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) every year in order to make admission into MBBS and BDS courses under 15% All India Quota in Government Medical Colleges and Government Dental Colleges except the States of Jammu and Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.

# Required eligibility conditions for AIPMT:

* Must have attained the age of 17 years as on 31st December of concerned year.
* Must not have crossed the age of 25 years as on 31st December of concerned year.
* Relaxation in upper age by 5 years for candidates belonging to reserved categories.
* Must have studies the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as core subjects in 10+2 level.
* Must have obtained the minimum 50% marks in 10+2 by the candidates belonging to General category.
* Must have obtained the minimum 40% marks in 10+2 by the candidates belonging to SC and ST category.
* Must have obtained the minimum 45% marks in 10+2 by the candidates belonging to Physically Handicapped category.

# Important dates regarding AIPMT 2016:

* Start of online registration: 1st week of December, 2015
* Deadline of online registration: Last week of December 2015 (without late fee)
* Deadline of online registration: Last week of January 2015 (with late fee)
* Issuance of admit card: 1st week of April, 2016
* Date of Examination: 1st week of May, 2016
* Declaration of result of AIPMT: any week of June 2016

# Useful tips regarding the preparation of AIPMT are:

* Only regular self study and practice play vital role in the preparation in the examination. The more you practice, the more chances of performing better in the examination.
* Regular and systematic study helps in attaining the examination taking skills as well as examination temperament.
* Make a proper and fixed routine for revision sessions. You should not keep waking up late at night. Take proper sleep and revise with calm and composed mind
* Try to grasp the basic concept of topics and learn well the equations, SI Units and formulae.
* Try to solve out as many question paper as possible as it helps knowing the level of preparation and also help in paying attention more on topics/questions in which you have not performed well.
* It is better to make most of study from NCERT books and notes made in class room.
* Don't hesitate to take the help of your parents, teacher, seniors and friends in the event of any difficulty in any topics/subjects.

# Examination pattern of AIPMT:

* Physics (45 marks)
* Chemistry (45 marks)
* Botany (45 marks)
* Zoology (45 marks)
6th January 2016, 10:47 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Age Criteria required to appear in AIPMT Entrance Examination:

No, you are not eligible to appear in AIPMT Entrance Examination. AIPMT Entrance Exam age criteria is considered as on 31st December of the academic year. The basic age criteria required is given below.

>> Candidates must have completed 17 years age as on 31st December of the academics year.

>> You must have completed 17 years age as on 31st December 2016 for AIMPT 2016 Examination.

>> Since you have not mentioned the age criteria properly, I am unable to tell you regarding the eligibility.

>> I suggest you to calculate your age as on 31st December of the academic year using your DOB in order to know eligibility.
6th January 2016, 10:53 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in AIPMT entrance examination being a 16 years 10 months old candidate. The candidate must have attained the minimum age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission to first year MBBS/BDS courses. The AIMPT examination will be generally conducted in the month of May. Since, you have already completed 12th standard being a 16 years 10 months old candidate by the end of 31st December, you will attain the age of 17 years. So, you are eligible to appear in AIPMT examination.
6th January 2016, 11:07 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test and the entrance examination is conducted by CBSE for admission of candidates in medical courses.

Yes, if your age is above 17 years as on 31st December of 2016, then you are eligible to appear for AIPMT examination which will be conducted on 1st May.

If your present age is 16 years 10 months then you are eligible to appear for examination in 2016.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.aimpt.nic.in.
6th January 2016, 11:44 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for AIPMT examination.

The minimum age criteria is that the candidate must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete his/ her age on or before 31st December of candidate admission to first year of the course.
6th January 2016, 11:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 16 years and 10 months old student. I have just passed my 12th examination. I want to know if i can appear for the AIPMT entrance examinations or not?
As per age criteria, you are not eligible for AIPMT exam.

AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for AIPMT exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%. Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years.
7th January 2016, 06:41 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test. The minimum age limit that a candidate must attain in order to eligible for admission in first year of MBBS or BDS course through AIPMT exam is 17 years on 31st December of year of exam.

So, if your age is 16 years and 10 months on 31st December of year of exam, then you will not be eligible for AIPMT examination.
7th January 2016, 06:59 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The age limit for All India Pre Medical Test is:

*As per notification of 2016 of CBSE for MBBS exam, the minimum age which a candidate must attain to be eligible for AIPMT exam 2016 is 17 years on 31st of December, 2016. You have only mentioned that your age is 16 years and 10 months, if it is at present then you must be above 17 years in December 2016 then you will be eligible for AIPMT exam.

However if you will be 16 years and 10 months on 31st December, 2016 then you will not be eligible for exam.
7th January 2016, 12:34 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to appear in Medical Entrance Exam:

A Candidate must have done 12th from recognized board with medical steam.

Minimum percentage required in 12th is 50% and 45% for reserved category.

Age 17-25 years and relaxation is given to reserved categories in upper age limit.
7th January 2016, 06:16 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

AIPMT is an entrance exam which is conducted every year for students seeking admission in medical course. You have just completed your 12th exam and you are just 16 years and 10 months old. Yes, definitely you are eligible for the exam.

>>The student must pass 12th standard for giving the AIPMT exam. Those students whose results are still awaited can also apply. So, this eligibility criterion is fulfilled by you.

>>The student must possess 17 years of age at the admission of first year of MBBS/BDS program. So this criterion will also be fulfilled by you at the time of admission.

**So in my opinion, you have to apply for the AIPMT exam as soon as possible as the last date (8th January 2016) for filling the online form is about to come.

Link to apply online:http://aipmt.nic.in/aipmt/Welcome.aspx
7th January 2016, 06:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You should be 17 years of age on of before 31st December of the year of admission. Therefore, what will be your age on this date will matter the most.

Now your age is 16 years 10 months and if you are applying for admission in 2016 then surely you are eligible for AIPMT.
7th January 2016, 10:21 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for AIPMT exams at the age of 16 years 10 months.

Age limit for AIPMT exam is 17 to 25 years.
Candidate must have completed 17 years of age before 31st December of the year of admission to the first year of MBBS/BDS course.
And you will be above 17 on 31st December, so you are eligible.
8th January 2016, 08:28 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

AIPMT stands for All India Pre-Medical / Pre Dental Test. As the name suggests it is a medical entrance examination organised by Central Board Of Secondary Education once every year for the selection of deserving candidates for their medical courses i.e; MBBS or BDS from government medical colleges to get quality education at a reasonable cost.

--> For appearing in the same examination you must hold the qualifications mentioned below :-

* You must have the citizenship of India with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years if you belong to general category as there is provision of age relaxation of 5 years for reserved category candidates.

* You must have either completed your higher secondary education or must be in the final year of same degree course with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects from a recognized institute. Further marks relaxation of 10% are provided for reserved category candidates.

So being 16 years 10 months old at present you are eligible for appearing in the AIPMT 2016 as by the 31st December 2016 your age will lie within age criteria. Also the registration for AIPMT 2016 is presently going on for which the application forms are available on its official link.

So for more details and filling an application form for AIPMT 2016 you can visit the website www.aipmt.nic.in or www.cbse.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?