28th September 2015, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Can D.Ed be done after passing High School?

I have just completed HSC. Can i do course of D.Ed. now. I want to do something in my life.

29th September 2015, 12:15 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can D.Ed be done after passing High School?

-> Diploma in Education (D.Ed.) is a certificate level education one year duration course.

-> You have to pass 12th grade with science or arts group from a well recognized board of education and you must obtained a minimum of 50% marks in 10+2.

-> For admission you have to pass an entrance examination organized by college administration.
29th September 2015, 03:33 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can do D.Ed after passing High School.

D.Ed. stands for Diploma in Education . D.Ed. is a one year duration diploma course in Education . D.Ed. qualifies candidates to become nursery teachers.

Admission to D.Ed. course is carried out through the Common Entrance Test conducted by the respective State for this purpose .The Common Entrance Test for D.ed. course is conducted by almost all states of India .

The eligibility criteria for admission in D.Ed. course are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 in Science or Arts stream with at least 50% marks in aggregate .

-The age limit to apply for the course is from 18 years to 36 years .There is relaxation in upper age limit by 5 years for the SC/ST/BC candidates .
29th September 2015, 04:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can do D.Ed if you have 12th pass qualification from a recognized board of education. You should have at least 50% marks in total to become eligible for entrance exam for admission. Any stream passouts can apply for this course.

Selection will be based on the performance in the written exam and colleges are allotted through counselling for pursuing the course.
29th September 2015, 07:25 PM
DSP@1

The eligibility criteria for D.Ed course are as follows.

-Candidate must have completed his/her 12th standard from the recognized board with aggregate of more than 50%.
-There is a relaxation provided for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates as per rules and regulations.

These are the main requirements for doing D.Ed. course.

So check with the requirements.As you are saying that you have completed your High School now you have to complete your 12th standard too.

After completing with more than 50% marks then you will be eligible for D.Ed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?