10th October 2015, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in UPSC exams being a graduate of SMU-DE?

Hi,
I had completed my Graduation in SMU Distance Education. Can I appear in UPSC exams? Kindly let me know as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.

21st October 2015, 02:01 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in UPSC exams being a graduate of SMU-DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I had completed my Graduation in SMU Distance Education. Can I appear in UPSC exams? Kindly let me know as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.
You have completed graduation degree from SMU so you are eligible for UPSC exam like CDS and IAS/IPS exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS/IPS exam. IAS/IPS exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 years
21st October 2015, 08:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UPSC examination after completion of your Graduation from Sikkim Manipal University. To be eligible to appear in UPSC examination, the candidate must have completed Bachelor's degree course from a recognised university. For most of the UPSC examinations, the age limit is 21-30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. Since, you have completed your Graduation from Sikkim Manipal University, you are eligible to appear in UPSC examinations.
24th October 2015, 12:50 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for the various Union Public Service Commission entrance exams because of the fact that Sikkim Manipal University Distance education is approved by the Distance Education council and hence graduates from this institute is eligible for all the exams.

The age limit for the Civil Services exam is 21-32 years as per 2015 notification. You can apply for the Indian Forest Services, CDS exam also.

Official website: www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?