13th December 2017, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I complete by B.Sc final year after 1 year gap?

Dear Sir /Madam, I have completed my 4th semester B.Sc exam in college and if I want to complete my final year after the gap of one year, if can I get direct admission for final year with one year gap or otherwise I should start from 1st year?

14th December 2017, 08:50 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I complete by B.Sc final year after 1 year gap?

Yes, you can complete B.Sc. final year after one year gap after completion of your 4th semester of B.Sc. course. For every course, there will be minimum and maximum duration. The minimum duration of B.Sc. course is three years and the maximum duration is six years. Since, you have completed your first two years B.Sc. course, you can take one year gap and complete your final year B.Sc. course within total duration of 4 years.
14th December 2017, 08:54 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can complete your left over B.Sc course after a gap of one year due to some reasons.
To do so, you must have to contact to the University from where you have applied for the B.Sc course and completed 2 years of the course. Write an application and state them about your issue to continue your B.Sc course and submit it to the authorities. You will be further guided by them on how to continue your studies.
15th December 2017, 08:43 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, definitely you can complete you B.Sc final year course after having one year of gap after completion of 4th semester but make sure you don't exhaust the maximum duration of year which is 6 years to complete B.Sc degree. You can simply apply for exam form of your final year examination for the year in which you want to appear for the examination.
25th November 2021, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission for final year Bsc after one year gap?
21st July 2023, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I complete my last BSC semester after the gap of 3 years
8th August 2023, 11:49 AM
Ebenezercollege

The policies for rejoining or resuming your studies after a gap year can vary depending on the college or university you are attending. Here are some general points to consider:

College Policies: Check with your college's academic affairs or registrar's office to understand their specific policies regarding rejoining after a gap year. Some colleges may allow you to rejoin directly in your final year, while others might require you to start from the beginning.

Course Structure and Curriculum Changes: If the curriculum or course structure has undergone significant changes since you completed your 4th semester, the college might require you to start from the beginning to ensure you have a comprehensive understanding of the material.

Academic Standing: Your academic standing and performance in your previous semesters might also be a factor. If you were in good academic standing before taking the gap year, it may be more likely that you can rejoin directly in the final year.

Approval and Documentation: Some colleges may require you to formally apply for readmission and provide documentation for the reason for your gap year. This could include a statement explaining why you took the gap year and how you spent your time during that period.

Consult with Academic Advisors: Reach out to academic advisors or counselors at your college to discuss your specific situation. They can provide guidance on the best course of action based on your circumstances and the college's policies.

Transferring Credits: If you have completed coursework or gained relevant experience during your gap year, inquire about the possibility of transferring credits or using your experiences to fulfill certain requirements.

Financial and Administrative Considerations: Keep in mind that there might be administrative processes, fees, or financial considerations associated with rejoining after a gap year. Make sure to inquire about these aspects as well.

It's important to note that each college or university has its own policies, so it's essential to communicate directly with your institution to understand your options. Starting from the beginning or rejoining directly in your final year will depend on various factors, including your academic history, the college's policies, and any changes that have occurred during your absence.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?