2nd January 2017, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in LLB having 52% marks in BA degree?

I have completed B.A and I am studying MA now in 2nd year. After completing my MA, can I get LLB admission? I have 52% in BA and in MA 1st year 63% of marks. I am a SC category student.

2nd January 2017, 08:07 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in LLB having 52% marks in BA degree?

Yes, you can definitely get admission to pursue LLB course after completing your master's degree. As you are SC category candidate, so you have to score minimum 45% marks in your master's degree and there is no upper age limit for LLB course. With the above eligibility criteria you have to appear for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). The selection for admission in LLB course will depend upon the marks secured in the examination. So, do prepare well for the examination in order to get admission for LLB course.
2nd January 2017, 09:24 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

There are two types of LL.B. degree

3 years LL.B.

5 years LL.B.

The candidates should have passed the 12th in any stream with 50% marks from a recognised board with the age of 20 years can apply for 5 years LL.B course.

For SC / ST candidates minimum percentage of marks is 40%.

The candidate having completed graduation in any stream with 40% marks from a recognised University with the age of 30% years is eligible to apply for 3years LL.B.course.
2nd January 2017, 09:27 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Any law aspirant's merit is assessed through a Common Law Admission Test conducted by the CLAT committee. At least you need to have cleared Higher Secondary School / intermediate examinations in any stream with not less than 50% marks in aggregate. After completion of BA or MBA you are eligible to pursue this course.
2nd January 2017, 09:48 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge, you are eligible to get admission in LLB having 52% marks in BA degree. For three years LLB course candidate must have passed graduation with at least 50% from a recognized university.

The name of Best college for you are given below.
  1. Army Institute of Law
  2. Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies
  3. Campus Law Center
  4. Faculty of Law Mumbai University
  5. Government Law College
  6. Gujrat National Law University
  7. Hidayatullah National Law University
  8. ILS Law College
  9. NALSAR University of Law
  10. Govt Law College
3rd January 2017, 12:29 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can get admission in LLB course after the completion of BA course with 52% of marks in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the LLB course.
3rd January 2017, 02:50 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed B.A and I am studying MA now in 2nd year. After completing my MA, can I get LLB admission? I have 52% in BA and in MA 1st year 63% of marks. I am a SC category student.

Yes, you can get admission in LLB course having 52% marks in BA degree. The marks scored in the CET or CLAT or any other entrance examination conducted by the university is important to get admission to the three years LLB course. A candidate after passing Bachelor’s Degree Examination in any faculty with minimum of 50% marks, are eligible for the First Year LLB. The course is available in various law colleges like

Government Law College, Mumbai - Official Website

Lloyd Law College - Official Website

Balaji Law College, Pune - Official Website

KLE Society’s Law College - Official Website
3rd January 2017, 07:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for LLB course. LLB exam is conducted through CLAT exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible for LLB course.

There are no age criteria.
3rd January 2017, 09:11 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to get admission in LLB course. LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law and it is three year duration course from a recognised university.

The basic criteria to get admission in course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The minimum required aggregate to appear for entrance examination to get admission in colleges/universities varies.

So, kindly visit the official website to get details for admission procedure.
3rd January 2017, 10:23 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law. It is a three years duration course which deals with the various aspects of Law and the Indian Penal Code (IPC)with specialization in civil or criminal law stream. One requires to have LLB degree for practicing in the legal profession. Admission in most of the Law institutes in India is carried out based on the entrance examination followed by a Personal interview and Group discussion.

Yes, you can get admission in LLB with 52% marks in BA degree.

Eligibility criteria for LLB course :-

-The candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline with 40% marks (35% for SC / ST) from a recognized university.

-There will be 2% weightage in mark for the candidates who possess PG degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?