2nd January 2017, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in law college after completion of B.A?

I am in class 12th and I want become a lawyer. I am in Arts stream, I dropped maths and I think I won't be able to give CLAT, immediately after 12th. So, is it possible to take admission in law college for 2 years course after I complete B.A from another college?

2nd January 2017, 09:06 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in law college after completion of B.A?

Eligibility to pursue LLB:

A graduation degree from a recognised University.

A minimum of 45% marks in graduation are required.

SC / ST candidates need 40% marks.

The age limit for LLB course is 30 years.

There is 5 years relaxation for SC / St candidates.

To get admission in a government college you have to qualify the Common Law Admission Test.
2nd January 2017, 09:49 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in Law College after completion of the BA:-

Minimum qualification to do law course:-

The candidate should have passed the graduation from a recognised University to apply for Law course.

Candidates who are doing their final year of graduation are also eligible to pursue Bachelor of Law course.

Age criteria:-

There is no certain age criteria is a required.

Percentage Criteria:-

Minimum 45% marks in graduation.
2nd January 2017, 09:50 PM
baraj amit

One who wishes to do the integrated course can take the admission in 5 year integrated programme after the completion of 10+2 exams.
2nd January 2017, 10:16 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge, you are eligible to get admission in law college after completion of B.A. The duration of Law course after BA course is three years.

Eligibility: Candidate should have passed graduation from a recognized university.

The admission of candidate will be done on the basis of Common Law Admission Test. It is an entry level examination for Law course.

As you say you want to take admission in law college for 2 years course after BA course then sorry to say you are not eligible to take admission in law college for 2 years course after BA.
3rd January 2017, 12:22 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can get admission in any law College after the completion of BA course from a recognised University.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline form a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for LLB course in any of the Law College.
3rd January 2017, 02:35 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in class 12th and I want become a lawyer. I am in Arts stream, I dropped maths and I think I won't be able to give CLAT, immediately after 12th. So, is it possible to take admission in law college for 2 years course after I complete B.A from another college?

Yes, you can get admission in Law Colleges after completion of BA course. The graduates (BA, B.Sc, BBA, B.Com etc) in any discipline with a minimum of 45% marks are eligible to apply for the LLB course. The admission to the course will be done on the basis of common written entrance test like CLAT, AILET, LSAT, CET, SET etc. The LLB course duration after graduation is three years. The course is useful for those who wish to pursue their career in the law profession. The course is available in various law colleges in India.
3rd January 2017, 11:09 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Yes,you can get admission in Bachelor of Laws course after completing B.A, because for LLB the applicant should have completed graduation in any stream.

Following are the Eligibility required:-

->>The applicant should be a graduate like B.A. or B.Com. or B.Sc. degree with minimum 40% marks (35% for SC / ST).

->>There are some Universities that conduct entrance examinations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?