14th October 2017, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I give CLAT, being 41 years old man?

I am 41 years ex-law student of BALLB (5 years) course or Amravati university Maharashtra state. Who can't give BALLB 1 winter and summer exams in 2011-2012. Is it necessary to give me CLAT law student admission exam 2017-18? RAVINDRA MANOHAR.

14th October 2017, 03:55 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give CLAT, being 41 years old man?

Age criteria for CLAT exam:

Candidates shall be below 20 years of age as on 1st July 2018 in case of all unreserved / NRI sponsored categories candidate.
Candidates shall be below 22 years of age on 1st July 2018 in case of SC / St / OBC / specially abled persons category candidates.
So you are not eligible to appear in this exam at this age.
14th October 2017, 04:55 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

CLAT is Common Law Admission Test conducted by National Law Institute, Jodhpur once in a year.

No, you are not eligible to CLAT exam at the age of 41 years.

For CLAT exam should be below 20 years for general and OBC candidate.

For SC/ ST candidate should be in between 17 to 22 years.
14th October 2017, 05:17 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

At the age of 41 you are not eligible for this entrance exam because as per the age criteria a candidate must have maximum age limit of 20 years in order to appear in this entrance exam and if One belongs to reserved category than 22 years is the maximum age limit. So you are not eligible.
14th October 2017, 05:52 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Those candidates willing to take admission into LLM and LLB courses are required to take CLAT examination.
I am happy to inform you that there is no upper age limit to apply for CLAT exam. So you are eligible to apply for CLAT exam being 41 years old.
Below I have mentioned eligibility criteria for CLAT 2018:
>Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
>Candidates must have completed 12th standard or its equivalent examination in any stream with a minimum of 45% (40% for SC/ST) marks from a recognized board.
>Candidates appearing for the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for CLAT-2018.
>There is no upper age limit to apply for CLAT-2018.
14th October 2017, 06:10 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 41 years ex-law student of BALLB (5 years) course or Amravati university Maharashtra state. Who can't give BALLB 1 winter and summer exams in 2011-2012. Is it necessary to give me CLAT law student admission exam 2017-18? RAVINDRA MANOHAR.

Yes, you can give CLAT being 41 years old man. Candidates must have qualified 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 45% marks in aggregate of the total marks from a recognized board. There is no upper age limit to apply for CLAT. The CLAT examination contains English, Mathematics, General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Logical Reasoning. Duration of the CLAT examination is two hours. There is system of negative marking in the CLAT examination. You are eligible to give CLAT examination at the age of 41 years.
14th October 2017, 07:09 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can give CLAT examination at the age of 41 years old as there is no age restriction for the CLAT examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 45% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the CLAT examination.
Since you are an ex law student at Amravati University, according to my opinion, you must contact to the University and ask if you are allowed to complete your left over BA LLB course from the University. Otherwise you have to qualify in the CLAT to purse LLB course from the beginning once again.
14th October 2017, 09:47 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

As per your question it seems that you have not completed BALLB which is a 5 year degree course. It is too late and you cannot complete it and you have to start it from first year. But if you want to write CLAT exam then you must have a graduation degree. But you have not completed BALLB that is why first of all you should complete graduation. Then only you will be eligible for CLAT entrance test. After clearing it only you will be eligible to pursue LLB in any good college.
One more thing is that there is no upper age limit.
14th October 2017, 10:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CLAT refers to Common Law Admission Test and same is a national entrance examination held for admission in various National law universities ( NLUs) of India for integrated undergraduate law course i.e; BA LLB and postgraduate law course i.e; LLM degree course.

First thing I would like to let you know that being 41 years old you are eligible for appearing in CLAT for admission in LLM degree course only as for the same there in no upper age limit. Further I would like to let you know that for admission in BA LLB degree course your maximum age limit is required to lie under 20 years ( or 22 years in case you belong to SC/ST or PH category).

Further I would also like to tell you know that your question is not very clear but as far as my understanding is concerned it is not necessary to appear in CLAT for pursuing BA LLB degree course if you does not want to take admission in NLUS.

For more details regarding CLAT you can refer to its official link i.e; www.clat.ac.in.
14th October 2017, 10:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, for CLAT you need to have age below 30 years, if you are applying as a graduate and below 21 years, if you are applying as class 12th passed student.

Hence, you are surely not eligible for it. Most of the regular courses won't allow your because of the age limit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?