10th April 2017, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I join BCA , if studying BBA 1st year?

I am interested in computer field, but now I am studying degree 1st year course BBA. So, please tell me what I need to do. As my choice is to rejoin in BCA field which is another course in degree.

11th April 2017, 02:16 AM
khanexpert

Default Re: Can I join BCA , if studying BBA 1st year?

Yes, you can get admission in BCA course but from the very first year. You will have to appear for an entrance test conducted by the college/university and after clearing the examination with minimum cut-off you can get admission and then continue with your studies further.
11th April 2017, 12:33 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am interested in computer field, but now I am studying degree 1st year course BBA. So, please tell me what I need to do. As my choice is to rejoin in BCA field which is another course in degree.

Yes, you can join BCA while studying BBA first year. But you have to quit the BBA and join BCA from first year. To join BCA, you should have passed 10+2 in any stream with mathematics as one of the subjects with at least 50% marks. If you have studied mathematics in 12th standard, then you can apply for BCA admission. The admission to the BCA will be done on the basis of marks scored in the 10+2 in many colleges. In some colleges the admission to the BCA will be done through an entrance examination conducted by the college. The BCA course is useful for those who are interested to pursue their career in the software industry. If you are interested in higher studies then after completion of the BCA you can pursue MCA.
11th April 2017, 02:54 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Both are different course, one belongs to science background, whereas another belong to arts and management background, but you can change your stream as you are in the 1st year, so you can change your stream last few months will be lost or might be you have to wait for the entire whole year and wait till the next batch get started. You need to write a letter to the head of the institution and state your matter may be they will help you in this matter.
11th April 2017, 11:28 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can pursue BCA degree but you should start right from the first year. As because it is not a subsidiary subject that you can change in second year.
11th April 2017, 11:36 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for BCA admission through any entrance exam conducted by the concerned university. You have to quit the present course, which you are doing at the moment.

Just make sure you have studied maths as one of the subject in class 12th as most of the universities ask for such criteria for BCA admission.
12th April 2017, 08:10 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join BCA course if you are pursuing 1st year of BBA course. And if one is studying 2nd or 3 years of Graduation, then it is not recommended to get back to another bachelor degree and pursue again. But as you are pursuing 1st year of BBA course, I can suggest you to go with BCA course as you are in 1st year only.

The minimum educational qualification required to pursue BCA course is 12th Class from a recognized board. There are many colleges offering this BCA course and the basic criteria required generally varies from institute to institute and some times percentage criteria required varies from college to college. And be careful with the applications or certificates that you submit in any college for future use.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?