1st September 2019, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Difference among Maritime Science and Nautical Science courses of BSc? Job opportunities through BSc(Maritime Science) of IMU Mumbai?

Hi everyone, I am doing BSc(Maritime Science) in IMU Mumbai. I don't know abou the Nautical Science course. Can you please tell me what is the difference between these two courses of BSc? And also let me know about the job opportunities through this Maritime Science course of this institute.

8th March 2023, 03:21 AM
ManojTejPratap

Default Re: Difference among Maritime Science and Nautical Science courses of BSc? Job opportunities through BSc(Maritime Science) of IMU Mumbai?

Maritime Science and Nautical Science are two different courses related to the maritime industry, but with different focuses.

BSc (Maritime Science) is a multidisciplinary course that covers various aspects of the maritime industry, including shipping, logistics, port operations, and management. It includes subjects such as marine engineering, marine pollution, maritime law, and marine technology. The course is designed to provide students with a broad understanding of the maritime industry and the skills necessary to work in different areas of the field.

BSc (Nautical Science), on the other hand, is a specialized course that focuses on the practical and operational aspects of working on a ship. The course includes subjects such as navigation, seamanship, ship stability, cargo handling, and maritime law. It is designed to train students to become navigational officers or deck officers on board ships.

As for job opportunities through BSc (Maritime Science) of IMU Mumbai, graduates can find employment in various sectors of the maritime industry such as shipping companies, ports, marine research organizations, and logistics companies. Some job roles include marine surveyors, marine engineers, port managers, logistics coordinators, and marine environmentalists. The job opportunities for graduates also depend on their specialization and interests within the maritime industry
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?