12th May 2023, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

How to become a government teacher after completing Btech

Sir I'm Sravya Kokkanda. I'm studying 3rd year Btech Metallurgical Engineering. How can i become a Maths teacher after completion of my Btech

14th May 2023, 12:35 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to become a government teacher after completing Btech

One who wishes to become a teacher in Govt. school has to appear for the TET exam .It is a State level Teacher Eligibility Test which makes a candidate eligible for the government teacher job.

TET Entrance exam is divided into 2 papers. Paper 1 for Class 1 to 5 and paper 2 for class 6 to 8.

The eligibility criteria required to appear for this exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian .

-TET Entrance exam is for all graduates who have secured at least 60% marks in their Graduation degree .

-The candidate age limit should be from 21 years to 37 years . Relaxation in upper age limit is provided to OBC candidates by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
14th May 2023, 10:39 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a government teacher after completing Btech

To become a government teacher after completing a BTech degree, you can follow these general steps:

1. Research Eligibility Requirements: Check the eligibility criteria set by the government education department or the specific examination conducting authority for government teaching positions. This may vary depending on the country, state, or region you are in. Look for the required educational qualifications, age limits, and any specific certifications or exams required for teaching positions.

2. Pursue a Teaching Degree or Certification: While a BTech degree may not directly qualify you for a teaching position, you can consider pursuing a teaching degree or certification to gain the necessary qualifications. Look for Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programs or postgraduate diploma courses in education that are recognized and accredited by the appropriate education authorities.

3. Prepare for Teacher Eligibility Tests (TET): Many government teaching positions require candidates to pass a Teacher Eligibility Test (TET). TET exams assess the knowledge and aptitude of candidates for teaching at various levels (primary, secondary, etc.). Research the specific TET exams conducted in your region and prepare for them accordingly. There are usually two levels of TET exams: Paper 1 for primary-level teachers and Paper 2 for secondary-level teachers.

4. Gain Teaching Experience: While pursuing your teaching degree or preparing for TET exams, it's beneficial to gain teaching experience. You can consider volunteering or working as a tutor, teaching assistant, or part-time teacher in private institutions or coaching centers. This experience will enhance your understanding of teaching methodologies and provide practical exposure.

5. Stay Updated on Job Vacancies: Keep track of job vacancies and announcements from the government education department or recruiting agencies. Visit their official websites, employment news portals, or other reliable sources to stay updated about teaching positions. Regularly check for notifications, application procedures, and deadlines.

6. Apply for Government Teaching Positions: Once you meet the eligibility criteria, hold the necessary qualifications, and pass the required exams, you can start applying for government teaching positions. Prepare your application materials, including your resume, academic certificates, teaching certificates, and other required documents. Follow the application guidelines provided in the job notifications and submit your application within the specified timeframe.

7. Clear the Selection Process: Government teaching positions typically involve a selection process that may include written exams, interviews, and demonstration lessons. Prepare for the selection process by studying the relevant subjects, practicing teaching techniques, and enhancing your communication and presentation skills.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?