13th July 2017, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Is NEET, CET needed for B.Tech admission?

I'm in second year of my PCMC combination. I want to do B.Tech course. So, please anyone tell me what the requirements are or study for that. Is NEET, CET is all needed for doing B.Tech. Please tell me. Thank you.

13th July 2017, 11:26 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is NEET, CET needed for B.Tech admission?

No, it is not required to appear in NEET examination to get admission for pursuing B.Tech course. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to pursue B.Tech course. To get admission in B.Tech course, you have to appear and qualify the engineering entrance examinations like JEE, EAMCET, etc., and participate in the counselling process.
13th July 2017, 11:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech refers to Bachelor of Technology and same is a professional technical degree course of four years after pursuing which one heads towards becoming an engineer.

Further the minimum educational qualification required for pursuing B.Tech degree course from a AICTE approved engineering college is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 455 aggregate from a recognized board of education.

Now as far as you are concerned about the compulsion of appearing in NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) and State CET (Combined Entrance Test) for pursuing B.tech degree course then I would like to let you know that there is no need to appear in NEET as it is held for admission in MBBS and BDS degree while you need to appear in State CET/EEE if you want to pursue same degree course from a top government engineering colleges managed by concerned state government. Further you also need to appear in JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) if you want to pursue B.Tech degree course from CFTIs like IIT, NIT, IIIT, etc. .
14th July 2017, 08:39 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

It is entrance exam for admission in MBBS, BDS courses not for Bachelor of Technology courses. For this exam, candidates with PCB subjects can apply.

Some states conduct Common Entrance Test for admission in Bachelor of Technology course. You can apply for CET to get admission in B.Tech course.

Some other entrance exams for admission in B.Tech course:

Joint Entrance Exam.

SRMEEE.

VITEEE.

BITSAT etc.
14th July 2017, 10:41 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

** As per my knowledge, no NEET, CET is not needed for B.Tech admission.

** B.Tech stands for Bachelor of technology and the duration of this course is four years.

** For B.Tech course candidate should have passed 12th class with PCM from a recogned board.

** In order to get admission in government college, then you have to appear in Joint entrance examination.

** NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. By this examination you can get admission in medical college.
14th July 2017, 11:13 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. NEET entrance examination is for students who wish to study graduate medical course like MBBS/BDS or postgraduate course like MD/MS in government or private medical colleges in India.
CET (Common Entrance Test) is a competitive entrance examination conducted for those students willing to take admission to the first year or first semester of full-time courses in medical, dental and engineering courses in colleges of various states of India.
In order to be eligible for B.Tech courses after completion of higher secondary examination or its equivalent, you should have completed higher secondary examination with a minimum of 50% marks with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
14th July 2017, 11:25 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No, B.Tech cannot be done through NEET or CET. If you want to get into medical stream then you can opt for the above examinations. As you have mentioned that you want to pursue B.Tech, so for that you have to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). There are other engineering entrance examinations also for which you can appear and pursue B.Tech. To be eligible for these examinations, you have to complete your 12th standard with minimum 50% marks in PCM subjects from a recognized board.
14th July 2017, 12:47 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is competitive entrance exam for admission in Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery course, Bachelor of Dental Surgery course etc. It is medical entrance exam not for admission in Engineering course.

CET that is Common Entrance Test like EAMCET is conducted for admission in Engineering courses. You can apply for CET for admission in Bachelor of Technology. Candidates with PCM subjects in 12th can apply for CET for B.Tech course.
14th July 2017, 02:18 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you do not need to appear in NEET examination for admission in engineering course.

The admission in the engineering ( B.Tech or B.E ) is offered through JEE, State Engineering Entrance Test and examination conducted by private institutes.

So, if you want to get admission, you have to appear and qualify in examination conducted for admission in respective institute ( institute of your choice ).

The basic eligibility to appear in all entrance examination is candidate must have passed or appearing for board with PCM as main paper.
14th July 2017, 04:58 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, NEET scorecard is not needed for admission in Bachelor of Technology course. NEET is examination for admission in MBBS and BDS course. CET stands for Common Entrance Test. CET is conducted for admission in courses like B.Tech, Agriculture courses etc.

Bachelor of Technology is a four years technology course. Admission in Bachelor of Technology course is done on basis of different entrance examination like Joint Entrance Examination, State level Engineering entrance examination like BCECE, UPSEEE etc.

Some private institutes also conduct their own entrance exam for admission in B.Tech course like BITSAT, SRMEE, VITEEE etc.
14th July 2017, 08:01 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is held for admission in MBBS and BDS degree course and hence there is no requirement for appearing in B.Tech.

Where as CET refers to Combined Entrance Tests and these are held for offering admission in undergraduate technical and architectural degree course like B.Tech/ B.E. or B.Arch degree course from colleges managed by concerned state board of education and so you are required to appear in state CETs if you want to take admission in government engineering colleges.

In addition to State CETs you can also apply for JEE if you want to pursue B.Tech from GFTIs like IIT, NIT, ISM, IIIT, etc. .
18th July 2017, 12:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm in second year of my PCMC combination. I want to do B.Tech course. So, please anyone tell me what the requirements are or study for that. Is NEET, CET is all needed for doing B.Tech. Please tell me. Thank you.
No, NEET or CET exam is conducted for MBBS course.

JEE Main and Advanced exam is conducted for engineering course. Some state conducts their own entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?